Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a couple of photos that Gustavo66 posted in the Gruppo Esplorante thread, great pics IMO;

I also found this great photo online;
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DRt1yBEwYQ...h/File0017.jpg

Anyway, does anyone have more photos of the Gruppo Esplorante of the S. Marco div., the Ettore Muti of Milan, R.A.P or IX Settembre of the GNR?
    Last edited by wallonien; 09-22-2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Wallonien,
      the picture linked from a blog is for 6th Ftr Rgt of San Marco DIvision, picked up in Calice Ligure, near me. MarĂ² in center of it is well knonw, there was an article on U&A many years ago with his history.

Comment

Ah ok, thank you for this info Bruno!

Comment

Ciao Bruno,

Si...Calice Ligure proprio vicino a Savona

Great photos with great details! These guys from the Gruppo Esplorante were tough and brave!

Bruno, would be great if you could post the scan of the U&A with the history of the MarĂ²

cheers

Comment

what color are the collar tabs?
            Red, blue or black?

Thank you

Giorgio

Comment

Collar tabs for Gruppo Esporante are Black, San Marco are Red.

Comment

More pics. I believe these men are POW's . No weapons, headgear and not to happy.

first one up , Decima Mas NCO I have ever seen. Of note is the cloth X Mas arm shield, tresse , ribbons and medal hanging from his right breast pocket button.
                Attached Files

Comment

Decima Mas NCO in Tropical Sahariana with armshield
                  Attached Files

Comment

ENR NCO with what appears to be white three point flames collar insignia
                    Attached Files

Comment

RSI ANR Officer wearing tropical sahariana with shoulder boards, ribbons and EKII ribbon in button hole.
                      Attached Files

Comment

RSI "Cacciatore degli Appennini." hunter note collar tabs and sleeve shield.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Wow fantastic pictures Dennis I love those Decima Mas boards worn by the NCO.

Rene Chavez
                          http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                            first one up , Decima Mas NCO I have ever seen. Of note is the cloth X Mas arm shield, tresse , ribbons and medal hanging from his right breast pocket button.
                            Here's another NCO from the same occasion:

Posted by MAS 96 over at http://xflottigliamas.forumfree.net/?t=18327786&st=150

Anyway, great photos Dennis! I really like the one with the "Cacciatore degli Appennini" soldier, you don't see photos of them too often!

Comment

Actually what I meant to write was; the "skinniest" Decima Mas NCO I have ever seen

On your photo I like his well worn shield.

Comment

Unknown unit, the caption says GNR but without any visible insignia it's hard to tell, they're wearing an assortment of different uniforms. It looks like one of the soldiers is armed with a german Flammenwerfer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X