This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeller View Post
    very interesting thread! i noticed some pics come from bundesarchive: which keyword did you use to retrieve them?

You could try "Soldat Italien" or just " Italien" or do as I did and just search years 1943,44,45

Comment

Thank you Dennis!
      By the way, the Nembo soldier you posted at the beginning is the same soldier portraited later in a MDT pic with a comrade. He's a good friend of mine, well alive and kicking. He lost one arm during the war, but he kept jumping from the planes even after 1945. He had to go to Swiss to do that. If I have time I will take some good shot of his uniforms. ( he still keep them)

Comment

Milite of the 9th of September with German m43 hat and eagle, camo helmets, camo coveralls, samuri vests with grenade pouches , etc on the march.
        Attached Files

Comment

Unknown RSI Troops with Camo helmets in the field.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zeller View Post
            Thank you Dennis!
            By the way, the Nembo soldier you posted at the beginning is the same soldier portraited later in a MDT pic with a comrade. He's a good friend of mine, well alive and kicking. He lost one arm during the war, but he kept jumping from the planes even after 1945. He had to go to Swiss to do that. If I have time I will take some good shot of his uniforms. ( he still keep them)

Yes Thank You. very fortunate he is still alive and well. I would love to see his uniforms. PM me for my e-mail when you do please.

Comment

Yes sure ! Probably in a week or so. If he agrees I could also post them here

Comment

Taken from Military Photos forum. He has it all.

Highly decorated NCO Folgore Paratrooper with collarless para tunic and pants over his turtle neck sweater. He wears an Italian edelweis on his pocket and RSI pilots wings without crown above his left pocket and ribbons . On his left sleeve he is wearing " For the honor of Italy" cuffband and RSI para brevet above his NCO chevrons. On his right pocket he wears the Trained in Germany badge ( Republican Fascio and crssed sword with a swastika). He is armed with a Mp38 and Beretta pistol and holster with lanyard . His collar tabs are blue para ones with gladios. His cap is a beret . he is also decorated with a German IKII ribbon normally in a button hole but his tucked under his pocket flap.

also note the sweatheart or religious bracelet.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Dennis S; 07-10-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Awesome photo! Thanks!

Comment

Another interesting photo of the same APAR RSI serie :look the Samurai vest, the issue camo jump smock, and the tailored camo trousers.Look also the captured Sten smg, almost surely coming from the Resistance.PaoloM
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great photo! Do you have a link to the thread over at militaryphotos?

Comment

Paratrooper with snow camo helmet and hand painted tri-color, hooded snow smock and Sten gun
                        Attached Files

Comment

Excuse Dennis, can you help me in posting here your RSI photos posted
                          in this thread?
                          http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthread.php?t=358540
                          Here, it has a great sense...thank you. PaoloM

Comment

Paolo, Here they are. Some features are all wear Italian 42 Para helmets and covers. Other features are a German water pattern para smock, early gray or green smock, Zippered Turtle neck sweater, armed with Berreta Mp38, MG42, Carcano TS, K98
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Dennis S; 07-14-2009, 04:42 PM.

Comment

RSI Paratrooper, German Splinter bandoleer for K98, German belt, K98 rifle, unusual short jacket, Italian Para helmet 42 and camo cover.
                              Attached Files

Comment

More RSI paratroopers some in short sleeves
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 16 users online. 0 members and 16 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X