Heer Summer Oberfeldwebel Shoulder Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heer Summer Oberfeldwebel Shoulder Straps

Used but clean matched pair. Took me awhile to i.d. these and want to make sure I got it correct. Also, is there a difference between Summer and Tropical straps?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files

Do not look original to me.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
      Do not look original to me.
      I agree looks like a total hack job who ever made them.
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

FYI... These boards I believe belong to the Der Spiess summer blouse shown in this thread.
        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1029256
        For some unknown reason, the tress and eagle were removed but I found them in the pocket. The tress matches that on these straps and there is heavy shadowing when I peek beneath. I believe these straps are originals that have been upgraded from enlisted straps.
        Last edited by Wartime Collectables; 01-14-2020, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Really bad looking fakes

Comment

Agree with the others - just totally horrible repros. The piping looks like what is commercially available at any major fabric/craft store (e.g. Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michael's, etc..).

Comment

Oh well, can't argue with the knowledge and detail y'all have shared. Thanks! I'll check email in the dust bin.

Comment

Believe all comments about these straps being very poor reproductions.

Comment

Originally posted by Wartime Collectables View Post
                  Oh well, can't argue with the knowledge and detail y'all have shared. Thanks! I'll check email in the dust bin.
                  Here you go Andrew, some fake and original tropical straps to ponder...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=989602

Comment

Originally posted by tim o'keefe View Post
                    here you go andrew, some fake and original tropical straps to ponder...
                    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=989602
                    excellent, thank you!

Comment

Straps with the tress and pips removed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Still fake, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                          Still fake, I'm afraid.
                          Not sure I get your point or what your afraid of? Yes, still fake, I think that's confirmed. And that's why I added it to the thread on questionable tropical straps.

Comment

Simply put, I would not remove tress and pips off straps because someone tells you they don't like them. Either way they are now worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
                              Simply put, I would not remove tress and pips off straps because someone tells you they don't like them. Either way they are now worthless.

"Someone" included a mod, 6 members and a Tim O' whose opinion I greatly respect, so worthless was already established. But by dissecting fakes I can learn more than I do from comments like 'hack job' and 'still a fake'. And by trashing them there is no chance of anyone ever getting burned by these down the road.
                              I'm done, sorry for all this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X