Army Tropical blouses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Tropical blouses?

Two from a collection that has been stored away for about 20 years, not sure what two make of these.
    One is stripped with heavy shadows from eagle and on cuffs. No provisions for straps, what appears to be original to it collar tabs. The other has had a resewn eagle.
    They appear to be period but I don't know if a pattern with this kind of collar?
    Attached Files

By the way, many thanks to whomever is responsible for adding to the number of pics that can be uploaded to a post!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Wartime Collectables View Post
      One is stripped with heavy shadows from eagle and on cuffs. No provisions for straps, what appears to be original to it collar tabs. The other has a redeem eagle
      Correction, buttons and slip on straps provisions removed from one, intact on the other.

Comment

Hello,

They are both private made summer weight tunics. These are seen mostly in the warmer climates. They are not issue tropical tunics.

Fred

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

But both nice and good Projects if someone like to rebuild them. Pictures are not the best, but i like them
            WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

The one with the eagle is for an officer and it appears the eagle is likely the original one. The other was for a Spiess with the double rings of Tresse around the cuffs.

Comment

Nice private made summer jacket ( onr for officer and one for NCO Spiess ). Not tropical but still nice summer jackets ( mosty you can find those on photos worn in south parts of eastern front - but also made used on western front ).

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                  The one with the eagle is for an officer and it appears the eagle is likely the original one. The other was for a Spiess with the double rings of Tresse around the cuffs.
                  Interesting! Too much work and lack of skills for me to restire, but found this tress and eagle in a bag with some other pieces from the collection!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Both are fine. If you ever decide to sell them, just hit me up.
                    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

No not keepers!

Comment

I've got a similar with officer's bullion eagle and collar tabs. Greenish in the inside and faded in the out. Can't find the pics right now...

Carles

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X