FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionable Schulterklappen, Tropenuniform on the E-Stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questionable Schulterklappen, Tropenuniform on the E-Stand ?

Greetings Everyone,

Here is a recent offer on the E-Stand of several sets of tropical shoulderstraps.
    Would like to hear members comments & opinions as to originallity from WW2 ?

While they appear to have the correct material in some cases. The constuction still leaves something to be desired imo. Would especially like to hear members thoughts on the wool backing used on these examples ?

Here is the thread on the E-Stand currently...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=989486
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tim O'Keefe; 01-19-2019, 03:22 AM.

Some have the infamous single piece top, others more recent do not...
    Attached Files

Comment

Notice the tongue material used on this one.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done contrived wear, and again the tongue underside.
        At $330-240euro the price for each pair is well below what original tropical straps would sell for by almost half.
        Attached Files

Comment

Fake

Agree Tim, Fake boards also with some stitching flaws
          Wouldn’t want them in my collection

Comment

Obvious fakes and priced less than originals but not sure they belong on the Estand.

Comment

repros

Better than average reproductions with various similar telltale errors. It would be good if there were a thread for these for easy future reference.

Comment

Are they SINGLES or PAIRS ?

Comment

Hamburg Hammer

I would not call them "obvious fakes" as someone has pointed out. They are well executed stand ins made to specs as most of this stuff is here on the WAF. Its late in the game. We all know this.
                  If my statement offends you then you are in denial or obviously self diluted or in a catatonic state.

I see the mods are taking a more agressive stand. That might not be a bad thing regarding the carnage and the sums that have been evicerated.

The illusion is perpetrated by the use of period or simillar to period textiles. Some as in the thrid example ( I think its no 3 ) stone washed Prior to stitching and final assembly.
                  If you look at the seller other sales including SS "Effekten" you will observe a D(eutschland) tab that has been contrived as well. So are the Kragebspeigel collar tabs Reichwehr and WH with incidentaly and coincidentally the same backing. The seller is a leather goods dealer in Hamburg. An artisan of talent.
                  Hamburg

Comment

I questioned all of them from the moment I saw them Tim. So is it ok to start a thread on anything we see on the estand or is there some procedure we have to undertake first?

Comment

Originally posted by FESTUNGBREST View Post
                      So are the Kragebspeigel collar tabs Reichwehr and WH with incidentaly and coincidentally the same backing.
                      Welche Nr. meinst Du genau?

Comment

Originally posted by drempfer View Post
                        I questioned all of them from the moment I saw them Tim. So is it ok to start a thread on anything we see on the estand or is there some procedure we have to undertake first?
                        It is OK for anyone to start a thread, but it is advisable to contact a relevant mod to link the discussion thread to the sales thread on the estand. Only a mod can do that.

It is in the interest of the sellers and buyer and many times assist in the sale if everything is OK with the item in question. J

Comment

I would not call them "obvious fakes" as someone has pointed out. They are well executed stand ins made to specs as most of this stuff is here on the WAF. Its late in the game. We all know this.
                          If my statement offends you then you are in denial or obviously self diluted or in a catatonic state.

I see the mods are taking a more agressive stand. That might not be a bad thing regarding the carnage and the sums that have been evicerated.

The illusion is perpetrated by the use of period or simillar to period textiles. Some as in the thrid example ( I think its no 3 ) stone washed Prior to stitching and final assembly.
                          If you look at the seller other sales including SS "Effekten" you will observe a D(eutschland) tab that has been contrived as well. So are the Kragebspeigel collar tabs Reichwehr and WH with incidentaly and coincidentally the same backing. The seller is a leather goods dealer in Hamburg. An artisan of talent.
                          Hamburg
                          Quite serious and sweeping statements made here. Care to elaborate more spesifically? J

Comment

The seller is a leather goods dealer in Hamburg. An artisan of talent.
                            Was für ein Quatsch
                            Ich sitze in Militärarchiven und habe mit Dokumenten zu tun, nicht mit Leder
                            Das Ergebnis findest du zum Teil da: https://worldoftanks.eu
                            Was für ein Quatsch

Comment

All my dealings with this seller were positive. He’s always been upfront and honest with me, even at the expense of losing a sale. I know that certain items are very rare and accurately reproduced. Even the best of us are tricked.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X