Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
    I will not reveal the ones I looked at they were nothing too fancy
    If I recall, it was the "fancy" ones that people had issues with and that started this thread many years ago.

Don

Comment

It is possible that there were some original pieces in this collection and, as I commented earlier in the thread, it struck me as odd that someone looking for genuine pieces wouldn't stumble across several in the process. The one's attributed to this collection that I saw at the SOS several years ago were disturbingly bad but perhaps the better items had already been "cherry picked".

Comment

He thought many of his jackets were original but he was aware many people did not think they were real. They have to be looked at in hand and even then if they were put together 40 years ago with the correct thread and using real insignia at this point it is almost impossible to tell. The thing that saves you in these cases is knowing where the items came from. When people pass quickly the information is often lost. I picked stuff up from German Vets in the 1980s that no one would say is real. In the end it is the provenance or you are just left not knowing 100%.

Comment

Difficult to say even if you have handled the stuff within the last 40 years. In Germany during the early 1970's I remember seeing piles of stripped tunics in one dealers basement, along with a large stack of Waffen SS cammo zelts at a rag pickers business. I often wonder what they ended up being turned into to feed the collector market.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X