X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
    Of course Glenn; but I do not know how.

And I believe it is important for people to note the comparison.

Best,
    Bryon

Just go to the main page in the Forum (the page where all the threads are located) that you want to start a thread in and on the upper left hand corner you will see a tab that says "New Thread"...Just click on that,a new screen will come up then enter the thread title,comments and any photos.

Best,
    Glenn
    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
      Just go to the main page in the Forum (the page where all the threads are located) that you want to start a thread in and on the upper left hand corner you will see a tab that says "New Thread"...Just click on that,a new screen will come up then enter the thread title,comments and any photos.

Best,
      Glenn
      Roger that Sir,

best,
      B

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
        Roger that Sir,

best,
        B

Great,and I see that it worked...Hopefully several members will contribute.

BR
        Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Jacques "Can I afford to be speculative about items I buy, hoping that they are OK, no I cannot."

When prices have reached the level they have all doubt must be erased.

Richard...Ive been through similar threads with Glenn and Bryon..I never took it personally because I do not doubt myself...I also did not realize they saw what I saw with certain dealers...I saw it with SS tunics a coincidence that so many were surfacing and all very similar in construction and insignias...now I see it in these rare tunics. Hysteria can go both ways...something may occaisionally be wrongly judged by the best of the best because the market is flooded by so many in a short 13 years. But that should not take the focus off of where when and who are putting these items out...I doubt the guys selling these...and with the Tuxedo badge fiasco people should really have their antennae up.

I knew Fred Seeber the guy who did tailoring work on tunics sold by Rice and even claimed to do some for Wolfe....I knew Dennis Paxton who knowingly ripped me off selling me a tunic put together by Fred Seeber...I sat in Freds little store in Bellflower and talked to him about it. I heard Dennis still occaisionally shows up at shows with a "Rare" gem. Many people swore by him and how he taught them to tell real from fake....but the truth was he was just a flim flam man. No body corners the market on perfect personality.
          Last edited by John Pic; 05-23-2012, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
            The Kai Winkler wrap is a total POS.

Richard
            Possibly, but the sewing attaching the eagle is superb and the material looks to be period, what makes you so sure it's such an obvious fake (POS)?

Comment

The newly submitted markings are from a jacket that was entered as evidence in the famous CG/HG thread. Again it is a super rare and sexy piped collar wrapper with a black lining, in this case a '36 dated Panzerartillerie black wrapper, even harder to believe than the Pz. Pion. wrapper (particularly because the German Army possessed no self-propelled artillery in 1936):
              In another words a fake. I assume second after LW Stug wrap......

Comment

Enough. Too many punches have been thrown. Thread closed. If the baggage from this thread gets carried over to other threads....

VI) Posting Conduct
                1) While we encourage lively discussion, we will not tolerate personal attacks, disrespectful comments, or disingenuous remarks toward any person (including their contributions and posts on the forums) or any organization. Any person disparaging another forum member or organization in this regard, or violating forum rules and/or promoting any views that are not in harmony with the Code of Conduct, may have their comments either edited or removed without notice. Any future incident thereafter may result in that member being permanently removed from the forum.

Btw, as I know someone will ask, or accuse Glenn or I of deleting posts. One of the administrators is cleaning this thread up.
                Last edited by Willi Z.; 05-23-2012, 10:17 PM.
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X