My First German Uniform..Panzer Grenadier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinrich66,

Thank you for demonstrating what I have been trying to explain. You must have a beautiful example.

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich66 View Post
      Here's a comparison picture of an untouched tunic (named to german cross winner too) also with slightly different tabs

heinrich66, Wow, thanks for the pic..that clears up some of the questions. I would also love to see a pic of you tunic if you wouldnt nind. can you give me some background info on yours? It may give me an idea what kind of history mine may have. They look exactly the same to me.

Comment

Armystuff,

I reccomend you study the waffenfarbe. Initially designated Schutzen this green was also used by some Kradschutzen units and later Panzer Grenadier units ( Rifle regiments/Motorized infantry) . Without a unit or name associated with yours thats the best direction for its history. Others may offer you more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammler View Post
          Armystuff,

I reccomend you study the waffenfarbe. Initially designated Schutzen this green was also used by some Kradschutzen units and later Panzer Grenadier units ( Rifle regiments/Motorized infantry) . Without a unit or name associated with yours thats the best direction for its history. Others may offer you more.
          Thanks for the information and all your comments too..its been a real interesting discussion and Ive learned quite a bit!..one question..I think it was you, mabye somebody else?, had said this was an early pre war piece..have any idea what year range it was produced?

Comment

Somebody else earlier mentioned that..On that note this ornamented service blouse configuration can be reviewed as regulations for it changed during the course of the war. Try Angolia Volume 1 for the army, it can be found prewar and some name tags in these I have seen with different waffenfarbes dated into 44.

Some are privately tailored and others are possibly clothing sales off the rack purchases. The off the rack type usually are without a tailor or nametag present.

There is a prewar tunic with piping and more buttons that has lower slash type pockets this one should not be confused with.

Comment

Hi,

will post a pic after renewing my membership.

About the history of mine. It came out of the woodwork here in northern Germany a few years. I've seen 3 "lemon" green piped field blouses came out of the woods here in northern Germany (as i know) during the last 10 years and all were related to former (or parttime) members of Panzergrenadier Regiment 73 (which based in my region too). I pulled a stripped tunic out of woods too, which is now in the hands of of forum member.

@Sammler: These type of tunics is always privately tailored (as for officers only!) and not like Waffenrocks

Comment

Heinrich66,

I was referring to the ornamented service blouses without tailor label or name tags as off the rack or mass produced.

All of these would be purchased by the officer that I understand. Look forward to seeing yours, this has turned into a great thread for these.

Comment

Here we go:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice tunics, another one of our members I think it is nonomeno (Curtis) has a fantastic lime green 1937 dated field piped service tunic.. with all matching colour boards and piping.

J T

Comment

heinrich66, Very nice Tunic..thanks for the pics!!

Comment

To me, the problem with the tunic that started the thread is the application of the jacket piping not the color. Just to revisit the oriignal questions, IMO the collar was reopened after it was originally made. My concern would be if it was a piped tunic to begin with or if that was done TR.

Comment

Great find.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X