My First German Uniform..Panzer Grenadier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First German Uniform..Panzer Grenadier

I picked this up at an antique store a couple of months ago. I took it to the show of shows and was told it was a rare uniform.. Can anybody give me some info , thoughts, ideas, good reference books on this thing. Have any idea what this thing is worth? Thanks!!

Schutzen/PZG piped service tunics are tough to find, I saw this one at the show. This farbe is my favorite for this style tunic. Very nice find

Comment

Nice and rare tunic, what a starter tunic will be hard to keep up the standard and quality for suture tunics
      Nice on
      Cheers
      Lars

Comment

Tunic

Very nice! Could you show us some more pictures. Is there an owner's name inside with a unit number?

Comment

Piping

As Panzergrenadier was a new service arm and many of Panzergrenadier regiments were converted Infanterie regiments, sometimes the white piping of existing tunics was dyed green. I am not saying this is the case with your tunic. In my collection, I have a Machine Gun Battalion 2 Waffenrock that was dyed in such a manner.

Comment

From what I remember this one is an off the rack purchase type unfortunately no name or unit was in it. Dont forget the earlier schutzen/kradschutzen units.

Comment

Great first tunic
              Nice desirable branch....congrats!!!
              Regards,
              Gary

Comment

That is a fantastic first uniform. Congrats!
                Based on the tunic style, its early (pre war) type so that rules out panzer grenadier...unless its a dye job...
                when they mechanized infantry units during the war...
                I have an infantry one converted to transportation...(nachschub lt blue)
                I agree!

Comment

A wonderful find

Congratulations,
                  Richard

Comment

Very nice tunic, welcome to the disease.

Comment

May be that the collar tabs be replaced.
                      IMO looks like police tabs...because of the different color.
                      Better pics will tell it.

Otherwise a great tunic!

Comment

They have not been replaced , just different dye colors, have seen this on the Cav ones as well.

Comment

I have to agree with Madjack, the collar tabs are definitely Police green, which is very distinct, so is pz. gren.. Their application would have to be determined whether period done or not.

Comment

I should have been more clear, yes they look more like a schutz police type color compared to the piping farbe, but not replaced in the post war aspect of that IMO. Just used for its construction. I have seen different color differences with Cav and other dress quality litzens where the colors do not always match perfectly. The owner may post pictures under the collar for sure .

Comment

IMO the tailor must be drunken...
                              Look at the stitching from the tabs.

Last edited by MadJack; 03-31-2010, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X