BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hj eickhorn dagger etched blut und ehre?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare and Great photo. First one I've seen.

Comment

Where are all the crickets now??

Comment

Great Photo! and as I posted previously, my response is.... "I'll be damned" a period photo of what I understand was a questionable piece. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing more of this type of provenance on other items in the future.

Comment

Wonderful photo: notice the very typical finger guard, unique to these very early Carl Wüsthöf HJ knifes!

The finder (and poster) of this picture deserves a medal.

Strangely enough the "disbelievers" of these wonderful HJ-knifes became suddenly very quiet...

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
            Wonderful. Notice the two early tinnies in the HJ member. Where are all the naysayers now?
            The naysayers wanted proof Ron - not just unsubstantiated claims about these items that emanated from you, Johnson, Wittmann and others down the years. I even asked you in this very thread to back up your long-standing claim that these are "HJ honour daggers" and as usual, there was no answer because you don't have any answer.

Anyway, if we assume that the photo is authentic then it places a certain type of this knife into the year 1934. This is good news and sooo much better than the alternative which until now has been to accept your take on these knives. I still don't accept your take but I am very pleased to see this photo and the valuable information that it brings to the table.

Comment

wow,that's fantastic photography,thanks for sharing with us

Comment

An incredible period photo, something I'd always hoped we'd see but never thought we would. I never had any doubt that the one I owned was produced in the period.

Comment

Hello moderator, Serge, may I suggest to pin this topic?

The discussion has been going on for years and certainly will pop up again in the future...

Thanks and best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Cracked: I submitted a photo long ago, but it was declared not good enough (even though distinctive guard and leather strap were visible). So now we have a great photo.

Comment

Did anyone id the triangle in the photo? It might answer some questions about these knives.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                        Did anyone id the triangle in the photo? It might answer some questions about these knives.
                        Closer shot of the triangle...........West Ruhr-Niederrhein????

Also there are two photos in the group that show this knife in wear.....the other the same individual is wearing a brown shirt and it’s a full body shot
                        Attached Files

Comment

With Traditions Stripe, so he was an early member

Comment

Hi all

Very interesting thread !!
                            Not only the knife concerns me but also the buckle, did you notice that this is a 2 parts early one with nikel center disc only use normally for ss or early sa troop we don't know and know for HJ boys fantastic revelation thanks for this great photo

Comment

btt

Comment

Seems like this is the style of knife these guys are wearing.

Steve
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X