MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hj eickhorn dagger etched blut und ehre?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hj eickhorn dagger etched blut und ehre?

Hi
    Wonder if eickhorn etched their blades
    Never seen this before
    Genuine?
    Best
    Jorge
    Attached Files

Do you have any better pictures? This appears what some collectors refer to as an HJ "honor bayonet".

The ones I've seen have either been marked by Wüsthof/Gladiatorwerk or were unmarked. Never seen an Eickhorn.

Comment

Blades other side
      Looks good?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post

The ones I've seen have either been marked by Wüsthof/Gladiatorwerk or were unmarked. Never seen an Eickhorn.

Billy, is, as usual, always kind. Myself, not so much (as the scammers are everywhere these days, even on occasion, testing their 'product' on members here).

With the fake light grey burnishing on the Motto, not even close to the reverse, on a light depth etch (originals were quite deep), it's a textbook 'Militaria 3-2-1' HJ fake Honor knife.

Run - Don't Walk. -

However, see what others say, as it's JMO, and I'm no HJ expert.

-wagner-

Comment

Originally posted by wags View Post
          Billy, is, as usual, always kind. Myself, not so much (as the scammers are everywhere these days, even on occasion, testing their 'product' on members here).

With the fake light grey burnishing on the Motto, not even close to the reverse, on a light depth etch (originals were quite deep), it's a textbook 'Militaria 3-2-1' HJ fake Honor knife.

Run - Don't Walk. -

However, see what others say, as it's JMO, and I'm no HJ expert.

-wagner-

100% Agree with Wags

Comment

Wags, as usual, is correct.

I don't really like anything about this blade.

John

Comment

Looks like someone ruined a decent Eickhorn HJ by adding that blade etching. JMO

Comment

It sold for €465

Comment

Originally posted by Buliwyf View Post
                  It sold for €465
                  Too bad that there is so many people around with so much money, they don't know what to spend it on.
                  Ralph.

Comment

Looks to me there are 2 of these for sale now at the top of Johnson Militaria's H J Dagger list, for $3,750 and $2,995. I've never seen these for sale before - I thought Tom Johnson was one of the world's leading TR dagger experts.

Comment

I don’t think anyone who replied is saying that all of the so-called “HJ Honor Daggers” are reproductions. They are only stating that the one shown in this thread is not legitimate. The ones Johnson has for sale may well be originals but I don’t have the expertise to make that call.

Comment

In reality much more likely a precursor to the HJ knives, they can sometimes be a problem. Some look period with the correct for the period type of plating, but others seem to much later copies and difficult to tell just from imaging. The thread starter from me gets a . FP
                        Last edited by Frogprince; 01-29-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

HJ Honor Bayonet

3 Questions: 1) If it's in TW's SS book, how did the SS produce it and why? 2) Can it be determined if the blade etching and grip decorations are pre-1945? 3) Are there any period photos or catalog descriptions of this knife?

Comment

When you receive only 2 pictures, like with the knife posted here, you can generally conclude that the piece is no good.
                            In this case: a low quality double marked Eickhorn HJ-knife has been "upgraded" with a very early motto.

The pieces on Johnson's site are all 3 good, these are original and rare very early HJ-knifes. All 3 remain unmarked but are made by Carl Wûsthöf and very easy to recognize: heavy one-piece-made hilt and blade with etches on blade and/or pommel and slightly longer scabbard shell. Several combinations and variants exist, among them are the "Gladiator" marked blades.

Carl Eickhorn also made a few of these, but they are even rarer.

All were pre regulation made (before 1933).
                            I believe these must have been the earliest NSDAP side arms that ever existed, exhibiting the motto's and runes that the organisation valued and adopted (later) for the HJ and the SS.

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Here are a few of these early pre regulation knifes: the one on the right, with shorter finger guard, is an Eickhorn. All the others are by Carl Wüsthof.

Best regards,

Victorman
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X