Question on SA Honor daggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on SA Honor daggers

Regarding the early vs late production SA Honor daggers - what kind of price differential should I be looking at between 2 examples that are basically in the same over all condition?

$ 10,000

The early configuration are by far the most desirable, just like any regular SA dagger.
    If you can afford an SA Honor, don't bother with the late model, they usually don't sell unless heavily discounted.

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
      $ 10,000

The early configuration are by far the most desirable, just like any regular SA dagger.
      If you can afford an SA Honor, don't bother with the late model, they usually don't sell unless heavily discounted.
      Thanks Pat! I won't be going anywhere near the late production ones. I was just curious to know. Cheers!

Comment

Hi Ted,
        Please post some pictures after you get it. I know whatever you pick up will be high end and I would love to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim's Militaria View Post
          Hi Ted,
          Please post some pictures after you get it. I know whatever you pick up will be high end and I would love to see it.

Just kicking tires at the moment Mate! Gotta do my home work before parting with that much cash!

Comment

I don't know where Patrice comes up with this idea on values. ANY SA Honor Dagger is so rarely offered, the demand is great and they will sell. Also, MOST of the later ones are chains and these demand market prices easily IMO.

Comment

Ron, with all due respect, yes they are very rare and are still available if you have the funds, I know of three that are presently being offered by different sources but no buyers as of yet.

Everything has a price, if you want an SA Honor NOW, no problem, you can get one.

I was offered a late SA Honor not long ago for $$$$ and an early one for $$$$, there was a $ 10K difference.
              I'm also very certain that an early SA Honor will sell at a 20% premium in comparaison to the latest model type, just like any other desirable daggers.
              For instance, a plated type SS M36 selling for $ 8000 will easily sell for $ 9600 or more for an ealry nickel silver M36.
              A late SA Honor selling for $ 40K will also sell for $ 50K for an ealry model, just the same math in %.

Comment

Something that truly interests me is what an SA or SS Honor will go for 25-30 years from now. Now thats a question that has been discussed 10000 times

I'd be happy if they stayed relatively where they're at or if they dropped precipitously!

Comment

Patrice, each dealer has their own pricing schedule on honors, so what one dealer asks for his early and what another dealer asks for a late one really has no bearing on a "realized price".
                  Their not like SAs or M33s; much more subjective and condition variable IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                    Patrice, each dealer has their own pricing schedule on honors, so what one dealer asks for his early and what another dealer asks for a late one really has no bearing on a "realized price".
                    Their not like SAs or M33s; much more subjective and condition variable IMO.
                    I'm sure it also depends on the market in which they are being sold: temporally, geographically, etc.

Comment

I always knew that there was no rational behing a dealer's pricing.
                      Actually, it has more to do with one being a sucker or not.

I was offered a mint late SA Honor M36 for $ 40,000 and if anyone is interested, there is an early SA Honor for sale in a near mint condition with a releathered scabbard for $ 45,000.
                      An early one in an untouched condition in a NM condition would go for between $ 50,000 and $ 55,000 and one is on Craig's web site.

Comment

I was offered this one couple of months ago for less than $ 45K.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Didn't buy it because it was releathered and I wanted to have it untouched, even if it meant for the leather to be rotten.
                          Attached Files

Comment

These are my pics as this beauty used to be mine 4 years ago.

I sold it for $ 31,000 to someone in England, yes I know the price is way cheap but I'm no dealer, I'm selling cars for a living and Toyota had their best year ever last year, so I'm fine.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Red Baron View Post
                              Something that truly interests me is what an SA or SS Honor will go for 25-30 years from now. Now thats a question that has been discussed 10000 times

I'd be happy if they stayed relatively where they're at or if they dropped precipitously!
                              Price statistics can be misleading as the market will vary through time periods of boom and bust.
                              I remember SA honour daggers selling in the late '70's/early'80's in the range $3k - $7k. In the late '90's in the range $25k - $35k. Nowadays, perhaps in the range $45 - $60 might be a fair retail price estimate. Everybody will have made their own observations/conclusions.
                              Personally, I like the earliest models without the added/ clamped over chain set modification; with the late chained model as a very close second choice - because it was manufactured as such, by Eickhorn, as a complete chained high leader dagger. We all have our own wish list preferences.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X