SS Full Rohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR DOLCH View Post
    If the buyer is such a fool how come he's so rich?
    Well, surprisingly enought, more wealth does not always mean more brain, you want some proof ? I've got a list here of Hollywood celebrities.

Here you go

http://radaronline.com/photos/stupid.../photo/505222/

Comment

Personally I really like Craigs auctions, its fun to see nice items, and see where the prices end up.

Plus the fact you can buy without a buyers rip off premium is really nice!

Comment

Craig's auction is a nice success and it allows us to also feel the pulse of the market.

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
          Well, surprisingly enought, more wealth does not always mean more brain, you want some proof ? I've got a list here of Hollywood celebrities.

Here you go

http://radaronline.com/photos/stupid.../photo/505222/
          Patrice, I just heard that Justin Bieber bought the SA honor dagger too butter his toast on his Lear jet.Then he let's Miley lick it clean.I hope he uses Ren Wax.A new quote just came up on Radaronline Justin Bieber "I just spent $41000.00 on a knife too butter my toast" Oh too be young and rich!
          Last edited by DR DOLCH; 02-01-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I thought it's a gorgeous dagger and an amazing piece of history, Good price and with the 5% vat it would take to get it in to the UK it went for the same as one I considered last year. I will have one sooner or later but for now I will have to to keep buttering my toast with my partial.

Comment

Originally posted by whizkid View Post
              I have personal experience with a dealer who put in writing that he stamped numbers on an SS full rohm crossguard and used a reproduction blade. Be VERY careful in these daggers.

I never really trusted that the numbers are real, the metal punchs are readily available at the larger shows.
              That is not new!
              I have sold a very nice SS-Leaderdegen to a well known dealer without stampings! Suddenly,weeks later i see "my" Degen in his update with number stampings on the ricasso! I was speechless

Comment

Originally posted by patrice View Post
                Craig's auction is a nice success and it allows us to also feel the pulse of the market.
                Couldn't agree more Pat, Craig is a sound enough guy for me and the prices his auctions raise are a damn good guide for anyone thinking of buying from the 'big' dealers. What keeps the big boys going is the impatience of eager collectors who want an example of everything yesterday, specially rich newcomers with big money to spend.
                For the joe bloggs of the collecting world I see Craig's auctions as a godsend with prices realised (on average) lower than mid to high end dealers ask.

Comment

As always, there's a mix ... some things go for "retail" others go for "less" - the beauty of this system is that the market decides. I don't think $40K was at all unfair for the SA Honor ... definitely below the "retail list price." On the other hand, the TK ring went for a VERY full price. I do agree with the above ... the auction is really beginning to reveal what is rare, what is common, what is desirable, what is "dealer hype" and what is not. For example, the 10 rivet German Cross in Gold in case ... that is MEGA rare, and obviously enough people thought so, that it went for about what a dealer would ask. The RZM SS Helmet was WAY low in my opinion, for what it is. It also depends on who shows up to the auction. We had some guys who normally ALWAYS bid, who didn't participate, and we also had a bunch of new bidders. I'd frankly be willing to have a monthly auction if enough people sent things in. As it is, we can normally count on 200 to 300 items per auction.

Comment

SS rohm dagger

I bought a full rohm SS dagger on a hotel buy around 1993.1994 in Texas.Sold it on eBay for $6300, of course that was when you could list those type of items on eBay,pre eBay police.I remember the blade was not in tip top condition, but still 100% original veteran bought.
                    I still remember who bought it, have not seen him around in a long time,maybe he stopped collecting.
                    Thanks,
                    Bob

Comment

Originally posted by tobau View Post
                      That is not new!
                      I have sold a very nice SS-Leaderdegen to a well known dealer without stampings! Suddenly,weeks later i see "my" Degen in his update with number stampings on the ricasso! I was speechless
                      Come in....tell us.....which dealer?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Von Rader View Post
                        Looks like many of the items on the auction sold for much less than "retail".

The high leaders dagger was super nice and sold for 41k. Some dealers were asking 50-70k+ not to long ago. OUCH! If I recall the last SS full Rohem Witty sold for around 29k? again OUCH!

IMO proves the market is soft and will continue to be as the older collectors start to sell off their collections. This is great for the true collector like me, bad for the "investor"
                        ...if the one I brought from him was the last one he sold, then it was considerably more than 29K....

If you can't laugh at yourself .....you'll have a miserable time in this hobby!

Comment

Retail list price is just an arbitrary number that you made up....kind of like the MSRP on a car

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X