No announcement yet.

SS Full Rohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will certainly have a look, and if necessary, add sentences about the level of cleaning. I don't see any pitting on the blade, so any corrosion was obviously quite minor. But for an authentic blade such as this, you can never describe too much ... an accurate description will always augment the quality photos.

Comment

No oxidation?
      At least I saw 3 places whith the same cleaned pitting
      Check well your blade, as your pics are very clear

Comment

I am glad you have taken an interest, and will definitely add a sentence that the blade has seen a minor degree of cleaning with semichrome. The blade looks MUCH better in person than the photos depict ... my photographer adjusts lighting to bring out any flaw, so that there are no surprises when artifacts are delivered. Still, what you and everyone else sees in the pictures, is certainly worth a sentence! Thanks again for helping.

Comment

Above the M

Maybe above the K
          And I'm not speaking about runners marks that are normal

Comment

If the condition of the dagger is not for you, I totally understand. Ultimately, pictures are worth a thousand words, and I could spend paragraphs explaining every tiny pore and abrasion on a piece ... it would do more harm than good. Ultimately, the combination of my description, my photos, and our guarantee, should be enough. Once someone gets the dagger, they have 7 days to decide if they like it, and if there's a problem, I offer easy returns. I hope this "bigger picture" will satisfy your needs.

Comment

For some time the prices for full Röhm SS-daggers do burst ! At time a very good conditioned one cost may be 20 000 -25 000 EUR on a dealers site ,but it's a very faked field .What's the hype release for this phenomenom and are the prices going down again,or is this the beginning to the next step upstairs?Comments are welcome .

Comment

Originally posted by tobau View Post
                For some time the prices for full Röhm SS-daggers do burst ! At time a very good conditioned one cost may be 20 000 -25 000 EUR on a dealers site ,but it's a very faked field .What's the hype release for this phenomenom and are the prices going down again,or is this the beginning to the next step upstairs?Comments are welcome .
                If you're referring the low price on the one discussed in this threat...this thread, combined with the condition are likely contributors to its low price

Comment

Hi Red,no i refer for all offered ones seen on TW's site,TJ's site,Weitze's site,... !
                  Best.

Comment

I see; probably a combination of market, condition, worries of reproduction, reputation of seller, etc. The market is a fickle thing in such a hobby

and while Rohms are much rarer than Himmlers, many people prize Himmlers just on the "Himmler=SS" principle...etc.

Comment

That's a good question ... I think it is a combination of both "market fear" and just a soft economy. The really, REALLY nice Rohms always go for big bucks, but anything even in the "Near Mint" category, can be had for less than one might expect. We'll know on Saturday just what the market is on very nice, but not perfect, examples that are 100% real. I'm personally curious myself.

Comment

I will be interested to see where this dagger lands as well price-wise.

I would also like to handle it...

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
                          That's a good question ... I think it is a combination of both "market fear" and just a soft economy. The really, REALLY nice Rohms always go for big bucks, but anything even in the "Near Mint" category, can be had for less than one might expect. We'll know on Saturday just what the market is on very nice, but not perfect, examples that are 100% real. I'm personally curious myself.
                          'Market Fear' and the endless second guessing of pieces certainly has had an effect....on me, anyway. I've held off a purchase or two in preference for some other militaria items. It's a good thing that there's robust debate about certain pieces, but the 'whispering' campaigns must surely put many new entrants off committing to big ticket purchases. Maybe we should have a 'Council of Experts' to anoint the high end pieces!

Comment

That was actually tried at Empire Auctions, and it didn't work. I generally defer to the "duty expert" in the field, in cases where there is a question. For example, in this case, if there were a question on this Rohm, I would defer to Gailen David. Not that I don't know these myself, but in cases where someone was unhappy with something I sold, I would want a 3rd party to adjudicate. I don't need a "council" for this.

Comment

That was actually tried at Empire Auctions, and it didn't work. I generally defer to the "duty expert" in the field, in cases where there is a question. For example, in this case, if there were a question on this Rohm, I would defer to Gailen David. Not that I don't know these myself, but in cases where someone was unhappy with something I sold, I would want a 3rd party to adjudicate. I don't need a "council" for this.
                              Even such a "council of elders" would be subject to accusations. Its up to the buyer and who he trusts.

Comment

Yeah Craig, I was being tongue in cheek with the suggestion. There are sufficient experts around to make enquiries. Most are very generous with their time and expertise. Like I say - Big Boys Games - Big Boys Rules. You pay your money and you take your chances..

"The most vicious Politics is to be found in Charities, and the Arts".....(and Dagger Collecting).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X