SS Officer Color Piped Crusher Cloth Visor Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
    Well, be sure i know just as everyone else who wrote here what your Cap is. Trash, and when you don't want to hear that it is not really my Problem. In every single Thread you try to go until the End with your Opinion. You posted a Austrian Police Cap, and because some Idiot put a Skull there, you was not sure if it is SS or NOT?!:?!????! So much to i have no Idea what i am talking about.

Go read this Thread.....it should fit perfect for you

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1015084
    I don't know why you feel you had to comment on this thread 7 times saying the same rude things over and over again. I think everybody knows how rotten you can be. You could take a lesson from Daniel.S who commented after you. He is a gentleman. Thank you to all who commented and kept it civil, I do like the hat and believe its original, and plan to keep it no matter what anybody else thinks, Cliff

Comment

Then you maybe should stop wasting others Time with your Crap?! You post something for Opinion, everyone tells you the same, and at the End....I believe it is original. And Rude? Oh Boy, you really have no Idea what Rude is. All i did was trying to explain to you that your Cap is Fake as everyone else. But when i started to do so, i didn't realize what rare Breed you are. Its not often you ran into someone who still believe Santa Clause is real and the Earth is Flat. So my apologize that it took me a while to find that out. And now i wish you all the best with your fine original Hat.

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
      I don't know why you feel you had to comment on this thread 7 times saying the same rude things over and over again. I think everybody knows how rotten you can be. You could take a lesson from Daniel.S who commented after you. He is a gentleman. Thank you to all who commented and kept it civil, I do like the hat and believe its original, and plan to keep it no matter what anybody else thinks, Cliff
      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Then you maybe should stop wasting others Time with your Crap?! You post something for Opinion, everyone tells you the same, and at the End....I believe it is original. And Rude? Oh Boy, you really have no Idea what Rude is. All i did was trying to explain to you that your Cap is Fake as everyone else. But when i started to do so, i didn't realize what rare Breed you are. Its not often you ran into someone who still believe Santa Clause is real and the Earth is Flat. So my apologize that it took me a while to find that out. And now i wish you all the best with your fine original Hat.
        Roundup!

Comment

What about combat "skidmarks?"

Yes, please explain me that. And i mean Spots of Burnmarks like on your Cap. I had in 30 Years not a single Visor with anything near what you call Combat Burn Marks. Maybe it has a similar Construction to another Fake Cap, but sure not anything similar to a real one. Different Material, different Sweatband, fake Skull and Eagle, Stiching is total nonsense and the so called Age to me is nothing what happen naturally, and therefore your Hat is fake.

Comment

lol

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
            Show a picture of entire hat burning, not just some of your cut pubic hair.

Comment

guys
              why we stil going at it
              this is not a first item this collector try to push before 45

Comment

Well my friend, so much for getting any intelligent statements from you.
                I posted a hat for discussion and pointed out features on the hat that led me to believe it is original. I think I have done a good job defending what I believe to be an authentic piece, and I have seen no useful counterarguments to lead me to no other conclusion.. These are the points I made...........
                1. Pasteboard: properly treated like original, stitching shows age, skull holes show age. 2. Capband: identical material as known originals, has deep indentation of skull, has proper stitching behind it for attaching stiffener. 3.Stiffener: correct snake type and made from correct metal which is oxidized from age, it is also covered in proper type of material. 4. Lighweight cap body: made of a non-synthetic material which I proved with a burn test, it is constructed and sewn together propery. 5 Piping: properly attached to hat with proper butt joint with tiny stitches. 6 Liner padding: identical gray material with small colored fibers found in many known originals, it also has proper cheesecloth backing. 7.Visor: shows stress marks from being folded and cardboard is a layered material I have never seen in any fake cap.8. Shows signs of being a possible foreign made cap. 9. Sweatband is hand stitched and made from a know material used during the TR era, has ventilation holes and is hand sewn in like many know originals. 10. No other examples like this hat, real or fake are know to exist as far as I know.

The counterarguments I have heard from you. 1. Used for firedance for Chief Crushmyballs.2.Burnmarks from Russian Tourch Brigade. 3. Trash 4. Burn it. 5. Trash again. 6. Idiot. 7. Crap. 8. Santa Clause

I dont know if you are trying to be funny but you are not. If you have something constructive to say from some real knoweledge [which you have demonstrated none here], I'm all ears. If anybody takes you as some kind of expert just because you make a lot of useless comments, they should re-think that opinion.

There are nearly no known originals of an SS officers, cloth visors with color piping. We all know they existed from period photographs. Most examples seen are EM types of a ribbed material cap body and wool band. We all know German hats were sometimes foreign made and this one shows signs of that possibility. There is nothing to compare this hat to so I dont see how anybody can claim to be an expert on them.

Comment

You don't know what you are talking about and I wish you would stop commenting on my thread..
                  Member AntiqueWW2, like him or not, is very knowledgeable. You should be happy, him taking his time to comment on your item. It is for guys like him I value this forum.
                  If you can't take the truth, do yourself (and everyone here) a favor and refrain from asking for opinions.
                  We all will be better for it.

Comment

You forgot one, the Earth is Flat.

If you like what i say about your Crap or not is the last i care. You got now 5 Pages where People try to tell you that what you have there is Fake. You are unwilling to learn anything and then you make up some Points what are if anything, funny. If you ever hold an original in your Hands, you would know from a Mile away that your Cap is Fake. Why that is so you should know, since you are very long time on this Forum, and all you need to do is read. A few of the finest Collectors posted there Opinions on your Cap, some of them forgot more about TR then you will ever know, but still, your Cap is real.

Here is another one, you think this one is real as well? And now i am done with doing any Comment on a absoute useless Thread.

Well my friend, so much for getting any intelligent statements from you.
                    I posted a hat for discussion and pointed out features on the hat that led me to believe it is original. I think I have done a good job defending what I believe to be an authentic piece, and I have seen no useful counterarguments to lead me to no other conclusion.. These are the points I made...........
                    1. Pasteboard: properly treated like original, stitching shows age, skull holes show age. 2. Capband: identical material as known originals, has deep indentation of skull, has proper stitching behind it for attaching stiffener. 3.Stiffener: correct snake type and made from correct metal which is oxidized from age, it is also covered in proper type of material. 4. Lighweight cap body: made of a non-synthetic material which I proved with a burn test, it is constructed and sewn together propery. 5 Piping: properly attached to hat with proper butt joint with tiny stitches. 6 Liner padding: identical gray material with small colored fibers found in many known originals, it also has proper cheesecloth backing. 7.Visor: shows stress marks from being folded and cardboard is a layered material I have never seen in any fake cap.8. Shows signs of being a possible foreign made cap. 9. Sweatband is hand stitched and made from a know material used during the TR era, has ventilation holes and is hand sewn in like many know originals. 10. No other examples like this hat, real or fake are know to exist as far as I know.

The counterarguments I have heard from you. 1. Used for firedance for Chief Crushmyballs.2.Burnmarks from Russian Tourch Brigade. 3. Trash 4. Burn it. 5. Trash again. 6. Idiot. 7. Crap. 8. Santa Clause

I dont know if you are trying to be funny but you are not. If you have something constructive to say from some real knoweledge [which you have demonstrated none here], I'm all ears. If anybody takes you as some kind of expert just because you make a lot of useless comments, they should re-think that opinion.

There are nearly no known originals of an SS officers, cloth visors with color piping. We all know they existed from period photographs. Most examples seen are EM types of a ribbed material cap body and wool band. We all know German hats were sometimes foreign made and this one shows signs of that possibility. There is nothing to compare this hat to so I dont see how anybody can claim to be an expert on them.
                    Attached Files
                    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Thank you for showing pics of a similar hat. But its pretty obvious that not one thing about it is the same as the hat I am showing, other than being a cloth visor SS hat. None [body, piping, cap band, liner material, or sweatband] of the materials are even close to being the same. If you think they are the same, I would suggest a closer look. I can see how you may be confused. And I'm sure you wont be able to resist commenting once again although you said you would not.

Thank you to everybody for your opinions, Cliff

Comment

You can always believe in and enjoy your items or hat as in this thread as much as you can and regardless of what other people advise. You can think about other opinions and cross check them with your thoughts, or simply dismiss them, when they don't support your beliefs.
                        Reality check will come when the time comes to sell it.

Jack

Comment

Yes when it comes to selling it you will here the words( Not for me) unless you pass it off to some one like yourself who has not a clue. I Have seen this time and time again, people who absaloutly refuse to belive. Selling the cap will be be its undoing. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Woodbyrne View Post
                            Yes when it comes to selling it you will here the words( Not for me) unless you pass it off to some one like yourself who has not a clue. I Have seen this time and time again, people who absaloutly refuse to belive. Selling the cap will be be its undoing. Good luck with it.
                            Thank you but I have no intention to sell this one, I'll restore it with original insignia and keep it. I think its cool looking and I do enjoy it. It makes a great display piece. I recently sold a hat that was deemed "fake" here on this forum, and the person asked me after he got it, "who in the heck told you this hat was fake??". Just because a handful of guys who have never seen the hat in person say it's fake, does not make it fact in my mind. I've seen hats on this forum deemed original that turned out to be fake and I have seen hats deemed fake that turned out to be authentic. So, that's the way it goes in a hobby where items have been highly reproduced for decades.

Comment

Last edited by WalterB; 09-07-2019, 09:15 PM.
                              When you go home
                              Tell them for us and say
                              For your tomorrow
                              We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                              Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Another fake gabardine crusher.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X