i guess if its on the forum you are lokking for opinions
    imo
    i dont like it

Comment

i guess if its on the forum you are lokking for opinions
      imo
      i dont like it

Comment

In the true spirit of collecting and my passion of visor hats, I will point out why I think the cap "might" be fake. This is the kind of comment I was hoping for...not, its fake, its fake. We learn nothing from this.

The cap body looks like it is melted, not burnt. I don't think the material is cotton like the cap band or piping. I really don't know if this kind of material existed or was used during WWII on German hats.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha ha
          Ok Sherlock
          You have amazing powers of deduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I cut some loose fibers from the hat body and did a couple of "burn" tests. The hat body IS NOT made of a synthetic material that melts, it burns and turns to ash. The cap body is wool or rayon [which was used in WWII]. Apparently when this hat became "burnt"in certain areas it came in contact with something synthetic that stuck to the hat in certain areas. It seems everybody had "deduced" this hat is synthetic and obviously fake because of the melted looking areas. Hows that for "Sherlock"lol!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by clestuff; 09-02-2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Show a picture of entire hat burning, not just some of your cut pubic hair.

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                I cut some loose fibers from the hat body and did a couple of "burn" tests. The hat body IS NOT made of a synthetic material that melts, it burns and turns to ash. The cap body is wool or rayon [which was used in WWII]. Apparently when this hat became "burnt"in certain areas it came in contact with something synthetic that stuck to the hat in certain areas. It seems everybody had "deduced" this hat is synthetic and obviously fake because of the melted looking areas. Hows that for "Sherlock"lol!
                That doesn't even make sense,so in combat it was blown off the guys head burning the cap I'm multiple places and just happend to land on some melting plastic?
                Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

I did have an SS crusher with leather bill that had a cigarette burn on it..Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                    Show a picture of entire hat burning, not just some of your cut pubic hair.
                    I was hoping for some intelligent comments but what I get it a guy taking selfies with a turkey on his head. You don't look very bright buddy! You don't sound very bright either!
                    Last edited by clestuff; 09-03-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                      That doesn't even make sense,so in combat it was blown off the guys head burning the cap I'm multiple places and just happend to land on some melting plastic?
                      I know what to say Lenny, how would you explain it? Some guy was melting plastic all over a hat? The hat is not synthetic, body, piping or cap band. It was in a fire. Who knows when or how. Things do tend to mesh together a bit in a fire. I know first hand from having my house burn down in 1999. And no, this hat wasn't in it.
                      Last edited by clestuff; 09-03-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

. I know first hand from having my house burn down in 1999. And no, this hat wasn't in it.
                        That would be my worst nightmare
                        Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
                        teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

And if the hole Town would burn to the Ground with the Hat in the middle, it would not change anything that it is a Fake. If you would have had an original at one Point in your Hands, then you would not try to turn this one into anything other then fake. And if you still think that everyone here who told you what your Hat is are Morons, take the Hat and bring it to a Dealer and try to sell it, even the most Braindead Dealer would tell you the same as everyone in this Thread did. Do the only usefull Thing what there is with that Cap.....finish the work what that Guy who burned it started.
                          WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
                            And if the hole Town would burn to the Ground with the Hat in the middle, it would not change anything that it is a Fake. If you would have had an original at one Point in your Hands, then you would not try to turn this one into anything other then fake. And if you still think that everyone here who told you what your Hat is are Morons, take the Hat and bring it to a Dealer and try to sell it, even the most Braindead Dealer would tell you the same as everyone in this Thread did. Do the only usefull Thing what there is with that Cap.....finish the work what that Guy who burned it started.
                            You don't know what you are talking about and I wish you would stop commenting on my thread. I think you already made your thoughts known several times.

Comment

Well, be sure i know just as everyone else who wrote here what your Cap is. Trash, and when you don't want to hear that it is not really my Problem. In every single Thread you try to go until the End with your Opinion. You posted a Austrian Police Cap, and because some Idiot put a Skull there, you was not sure if it is SS or NOT?!:?!????! So much to i have no Idea what i am talking about.

Go read this Thread.....it should fit perfect for you

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1015084

You don't know what you are talking about and I wish you would stop commenting on my thread. I think you already made your thoughts known several times.
                              WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Clestuff.

Just keep the hat and be happy with it, if you feel its orginal.

You got opinions from other collectors (which you should listen to), and the rest its up to you.

As long as you are happy its all that matters.

//Daniel.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X