X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

original stitching
    Attached Files

Comment

to me, this is real, not artificial age...
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
        Somebody got a little too close with the blowtorch when they were trying to age this one...

Don
        + 1

Comment

Originally posted by enorepap View Post
          + 1
          What about the folded over edge of the liner ? And all the exposed stitching by the piping
          Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
          teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

What about the 2015 post by BenVK that shows a color piped [yellow] SS crusher that he says was non-German made with the exact type of liner material?? Its even pleated the exact same way...

Comment

Are you for real because the hat for sure is not? J

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny W View Post
                What about the folded over edge of the liner ? And all the exposed stitching by the piping
                Perhaps you should take a look at some old posts of SS crushers from the past that were praised as originals.. You will see the same things, folded over liner edge and exposed stitching at bottom. I was just looking at them. You will also see the same cheap sweatband material as well on several examples [not that there are that many]. If these are your arguments against the hat, they are weak....
                Last edited by clestuff; 08-31-2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                  Perhaps you should take a look at some old posts of SS crushers from the past that were praised as originals.. You will see the same things, folded over liner edge and exposed stitching at bottom. I was just looking at them. You will also see the same cheap sweatband material as well on several examples [not that there are that many]. If these are your arguments against the hat, they are weak....
                  Who's arguing hence the question mark in my post,maybe it would be helpful if you could post the links of the threads you just looked at with original caps ?
                  teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Period original Hat from the native american tribes, used by them for Firedance, that is why it has Burnmarks. If i am not wrong, Chief CrushmyBalls used it himself...... when that Thing is real, then all we ever collected is fake
                    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Isn't this the guy who had the so called dispatch riders helmet with the huge swastika painted on the front of it?

Chet
                      Zinc stinks!

Comment

try this post 69

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...crusher&page=5

Comment

Your not comparing that cap to the one you posted are we ?

Comment

This is the undamaged side of my hat. It looks like typical lightweight material found on other crushers I have seen and owned. The lower stitch line cannot be seen. It only shows in the back of my hat because it was cooked and exposed. If you pull up on the lower piping a little, you can see it and it's exactly where it should be on a period hat. Also notice the proper joint of the piping. Also noted by me is the very small amount of padding which is correct for a lightweight crusher. Other than the burn marks, I would like to hear why anybody would think this hat is fake. It is no Janke or Superfake. Isn't it possible the hat was burnt in combat? They were combat worn hats, didn't things tend to get hot? They were made cheap [like the cheap sweatband] to be worn in the field, not like the dress hats we see most of the time.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by clestuff View Post
                              This is the undamaged side of my hat. It looks like typical lightweight material found on other crushers I have seen and owned. The lower stitch line cannot be seen. It only shows in the back of my hat because it was cooked and exposed. If you pull up on the lower piping a little, you can see it and it's exactly where it should be on a period hat. Also notice the proper joint of the piping. Also noted by me is the very small amount of padding which is correct for a lightweight crusher. Other than the burn marks, I would like to hear why anybody would think this hat is fake. It is no Janke or Superfake. Isn't it possible the hat was burnt in combat? They were combat worn hats, didn't things tend to get hot? They were made cheap [like the cheap sweatband] to be worn in the field, not like the dress hats we see most of the time.
                              So why do we see a bunch of exposed stitching on the front and side of the cap where the visor meets the caps body,now I think your just making stuff up as you go along

Comment

And I have yet to see a fake cap with this "snake" type of wire peak stiffener made out of the correct type of metal that oxidizes and is wrapped in the correct material. I also would like to point out the stitching behind the skull for attaching to the stiffener which I have never seen on a fake but has always been there on original SS hats I have owned. I've done a lot of hat construction "digging" on original and fakes. They always get something wrong on the "inners" of the fake hats. Pleats are correct, hand stitched sweatband is correct. I cannot find one thing wrong with this hat. Please educate me if you do. This hat is the real deal boys.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X