• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like an elephant, nice to look at but don't want to buy it

Comment

Originally posted by david_iu View Post
      Here you go:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc63c...sc-_tLGjJjVcqA

You can also see Wolfe in it. So, I guess he is a mentor of CG really.
      Interesting video. Even poor Vera makes an appearance. Now that the Mengele passport has been shown to be the work of a fraud, I fear for Vera's wellbeing.
      When you go home
      Tell them for us and say
      For your tomorrow
      We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
      Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Holy mackrel! Does poor Vera still have a job at the runts establishment?

Chet
        Zinc stinks!

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of the visor Ron kindly posted in the display case actually being worn by AH?
          I found a picture of the other a similar visor in a publication printed 1933 or is it gents?,. am I the only one finding the provenance story confusing?

Eric
          Attached Files

Comment

CG does sum it up about a minute in on the video linked above: "I like to tell stories."

Comment

Originally posted by WalterB View Post
              Originally Posted by david_iu
              Here you go:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc63c...sc-_tLGjJjVcqA

You can also see Wolfe in it. So, I guess he is a mentor of CG really.

Interesting video. Even poor Vera makes an appearance. Now that the Mengele passport has been shown to be the work of a fraud, I fear for Vera's wellbeing.
              How is he capable of making it through the entire video without a Segway?

Comment

Two points:
                The band on these visors doesn't look correct and according to Schutt ('81) this Lieber found these artifacts at the Braunhaus (Braunes Haus) which by '45 was a total ruin!!

Eric

Comment

If memory serves, Ben told me the GI found the shirts in Hitler's apartment rather than the Brown House. Hoss is correct that the Brown House was bombed out prior to the end of the war.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

I had a chance to examine these and congratulate Craig on the purchase. They do belong to him and are for sale. The brown Shirt with decorations left me speechless.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                      I had a chance to examine these and congratulate Craig on the purchase. They do belong to him and are for sale. The brown Shirt with decorations left me speechless.

Bob Hritz
                      Bob
                      Did you have a chance to measure the clothing especially the visor?

Eric

Comment

It's a bit confusing - Is the sale price of $1,000,000 just for the visor cap? What about the tunic and all the other items?

Comment

If Craig can locate a single buyer to purchase the whole grouping, that is excellent but we may never know how much is it.
                          About split-selling, Craig needs to work out who is interested in what first, then he also needs to work out the best combination of buyers due to if the most desirable item ,say, the peaked cap or BO, are sold too early too soon , what will be the effect on the rest of the grouping?
                          The educational guess of the peaked cap is $1M. Say Craig purchases all these AH items at $2M, then if the cap is sold at $1m alone, I would way Craig should be quite easy to recover $1m from the sale of the rests of the items( eg, BO, shirts..etc)
                          For anyone interested in any AH items, he can just tell Craig how much he is willing to pay( pre-register) for that particular item.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                            If Craig can locate a single buyer to purchase the whole grouping, that is excellent but we may never know how much is it.
                            About split-selling, Craig needs to work out who is interested in what first, then he also needs to work out the best combination of buyers due to if the most desirable item ,say, the peaked cap or BO, are sold too early too soon , what will be the effect on the rest of the grouping?
                            The educational guess of the peaked cap is $1M. Say Craig purchases all these AH items at $2M, then if the cap is sold at $1m alone, I would way Craig should be quite easy to recover $1m from the sale of the rests of the items( eg, BO, shirts..etc)
                            For anyone interested in any AH items, he can just tell Craig how much he is willing to pay( pre-register) for that particular item.
                            I disagree my friend. I think he might be buried in the lot. Steve Wolfe would not have parted with it for less than $1.5M and that will be hard to top.

Comment

These are really the ultimate sets.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alexanderautogr View Post
                                I disagree my friend. I think he might be buried in the lot. Steve Wolfe would not have parted with it for less than $1.5M and that will be hard to top.
                                Not knowing the particulars of CG's finances, I would not be surprised if the set was on consignment from SW in order to try to "rehabilitate" CG's standing and reputation as a dealer in order to try to stem the damage of the recent debacles (including, without limitation, the loss of his choice tables at the SOS as a result of....Vera's supposed gross negligence).
                                Last edited by WalterB; 03-16-2014, 08:24 AM.
                                When you go home
                                Tell them for us and say
                                For your tomorrow
                                We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                                Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X