X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
    This was posted in the SOS thread.

Glenn
    What no picture of Craig sitting in the oversized chair next to the display signing autographs
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

One of the most ludicrous exposes' I've seen at SOS. Tacky mannikin presentation in a booth festooned with color printed portraits of CG himself.

Robt.

Comment

It is interesting to note that long before SOS, CG has had the visor in his hand as can be seen in one of his youtube's video. As stated in the video, the price of the visor is US$1M.

Comment

They have a webpage up for some time now showcasing their top of line TR Items...no prices, guess the old line "if you have to ask how much it cost you cant afford it!!", you can even see the same AH display/mannequin set up. So it seem indeed they have change their mind about the web presence and marketing.

http://www.wolfehardin.com/page8.html

Originally posted by Rich Moran View Post
          Strange seeing a high end collectible that is surmised to be owned by Wolfe-Hardin being sold in this manner.

This runs opposite of S. Wolfes business policy as I understood it, of high end items being sold on the internet.

In discussion with Steve about net sales in the past is his words were and I quote:

"once seen on the net for sale, many top end buyers loose complete interest in purchase".

If Steve or Wolfe-Hardin do own this, I surmise that Steve's philosophy has really changed.

Just speculation on my part btw.

Comment

That web site is pure ego on display. It's been up for years, never changes. It's not really selling anything, just there for the rubes to ogle at. Try sending them an e-mail and see if you get an answer. If you aren't on their list of big rollers you don't exist and aren't worthy of their time. It's always been that way, since his retail store back in the 80's. Dealers are dealers, why wouldn't he use C.Gottlieb? Some of you seem to think he , SW , is something special if not a Demi-god. Sorry to disappoint, he's just a guy who inherited a truck load of money and bought the good stuff back when he could out pay everybody else. He's been a dealer for 40 years, really you see something odd in him doing business with another dealer?

W.Unland

Comment

All I can say is I wouldn't sell it unless I had 2 or I was "out on the street" desperate for money. Apparently SW is CG's mentor like Snyder is Wittmann's mentor.

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
                One of the most ludicrous exposes' I've seen at SOS. Tacky mannikin presentation in a booth festooned with color printed portraits of CG himself. Are there any limits to this guys narcissism? I guess it's only fitting that the hat of one of the worlds biggest dickheads be sold by an equally repulsive dickhead.

Robt.

Nope......................

Comment

Wolfe sold to CG who just has a different selling philosophy,ie, marketing on the net.
                  So Wolfe does not sell against his "no-net" philosophy.

Comment

I can only speak from experience but I cold called Steve Wolfe from New Zealand last year asking about an item I was researching. He was far from what people may perceive.

He chatted with me for about 20 minutes and no I wasn't buying anything from him so he had no gain from me. He was a great help.

Perhaps those above can describe their personal experience (good or bad) with him instead.

Comment

Originally posted by david_iu View Post
                      It is interesting to note that long before SOS, CG has had the visor in his hand as can be seen in one of his youtube's video. As stated in the video, the price of the visor is US$1M.
                      Can you give us a link to this video?

Comment

Here you go:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc63c...sc-_tLGjJjVcqA

You can also see Wolfe in it. So, I guess he is a mentor of CG really.

Comment

Well he states he " likes to tell stories" soooooooooo...........

Comment

Thank you for posting the link. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                              All I can say is I wouldn't sell it unless I had 2 or I was "out on the street" desperate for money. Apparently SW is CG's mentor like Snyder is Wittmann's mentor.
                              That would explain many actions from TW....

Comment

What is easy to forget or I should say confuse is that Craig doesnt own AnY of this stuff.....hes merely a middle man.

As I stated before wolfe is just attempting to re habilitate his old friend by lending him a cap that no one will buy for 1M.

He has set an impossibly high price on purpose so that it will sit in perpetuity on his, now very boring but expensive dusty shelf.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X