No announcement yet.

Adolf Hitlers Visor at Craig Gottliebs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on Page 3 you can see a bogus Birdshead dagger, which no doubt played a role in the Birdshead controversy....

http://www.wolfehardin.com/page3.html

So Wolfe-Hardin is capable of selling high end fantasy items as well..

Comment

Craig was kind enough to let me inspect the cap in hand at the show and it is a great piece of history.
      Thanks again to Craig for letting me handle it.
      Doug

Comment

:uho
        Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        I agree..I thought something like this would be sold behind the scenes to a private collector. Would have thought there would be a line up for it too.

Not to many Collectors would have this sort of Cash available to them, I hope CG has good Documation to go with this set, As i beleive if he doesnt collectors will be picking the Crap out of it & it will never sell !! IMO..

Mike..

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by obersalzberg View Post
          what is easy to forget or i should say confuse is that craig doesnt own any of this stuff.....hes merely a middle man.

As i stated before wolfe is just attempting to re habilitate his old friend by lending him a cap that no one will buy for 1m.

He has set an impossibly high price on purpose so that it will sit in perpetuity on his, now very boring but expensive dusty shelf.
          +1

Comment

The more interesting is the black visor job together with the uniform items who owns them now?

Eric
            Attached Files

Comment

Rehabilitating CG into a ‘respected dealer’ seems about as achievable as making Iron Sky into a tier one film In fact, I actually thought of Craig when I viewed it.

(I wonder why that correlation came to mind... anyway, perhaps he could reach fame and respect hawking their movie posters.)
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                The more interesting is the black visor job together with the uniform items who owns them now?

Eric

Its brown, but bad lighting makes it look darker. None of Hitlers caps exceot his KDF had black peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Obersalzberg View Post
                  Its brown, but bad lighting makes it look darker. None of Hitlers caps exceot his KDF had black peaks.
                  Ok lol! the other lot then from this Leigh dude.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                    Here is Swearingen with the hat and tunics at one of the early MAX shows during the 80s. (Can't recall who took the pic, but maybe he can pipe in here).

Note that the hat does not appear to have a cap-spring in it at this time:
                    Mohawk Arms display From the '85 or '86 MAX show in St Louis...

Attached Files
                    RonR

Comment

Wearing anything relating to nazi Germany is absolutely goddamn silly

Comment

There was a guy dressed as an army officer at today's Glendale Hts IL show.

Comment

Originally posted by busterz111 View Post
                          Wearing anything relating to nazi Germany is absolutely goddamn silly
                          The man wearing it is the US vet, Sydney Leigh, who brought the hat/visor back. (He was a navigator on a B-17 during the war and ended up a POW in Germany after his plane was shot down).
                          Given that, he earned the right to do whatever he wanted w/ it....
                          Attached Files
                          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another shot of the brownshirt:
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

No it doesn't and the guy at the show is complete Ass have seen him for 20 years playing dress up.
                              Last edited by busterz111; 03-09-2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I agree, the guy playing dress up is just plain pathetic. Dollars to doughnuts sometime in the future the runt will be doing the same.

Chet
                                Zinc stinks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X