No announcement yet.

Adolf Hitlers Visor at Craig Gottliebs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the brown one c.1938 which further illustrates that the eagles were not directly embroidered but applied without a backing...
    Attached Files

Comment

Does everyone agree the Moscow caps are authentic?

Comment

Ask him.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
          Does everyone agree the Moscow caps are authentic?
          In my personal opinion they are, the fact that they are corresponding to the tunics they have...without fire damage as the other examples they also possess. ..and that the details, materials and construction details correspond to the close up of the hat in use by AH, there are some very good photos....some posted here in the forum...and thanks to Arran for posting very good close-ups in this thread..providing the confirmation of separate application of the bullion eagle and wreaths. ..so neat and in a professional way that lead to believe they where done directly to the cap cloth.

The interesting thing that I will like to know is WHERE the Russians found these two caps and tunics, apart from the missing eagle and cocarde in the party cap and the missing bullion eagle in the feldgrau tunic...it seem it was cut with a piece of the cloth from the arm sleeve...they do not show any water or fire damage as the other AH tunics they found at the bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
            Ask him.
            I like that one!

Comment

I like that one!
              That's the second cap in the Russian archives. You can tell from the way he's holding it that he believes it to be real!

Comment

And it looks like he's wearing an original AH Tee Shirt.

Comment

Looks like CG 10 or 15 years down the road.

Comment

That's George Petersen.

A founder of WW2 collecting.

Lay of the cheap comments on him.

Owen

Comment

Since CG is into skull collecting maybe he will come up with AH's.

Comment

Looks like CG 10 or 15 years down the road.

This hobby will age you, man...

dc

Comment

The reality is adolf hitler is so notorious, and his death so ignominious - very few items remain with a direct 100% for sure connection to the guy. I don't want anything owned by him - I just don't, to me he is like hermann goring - himmler or heydrich is far more interesting - so when looking at the Craig gottlieb cap, or Moscow caps - I just don't care - hitler's name is **** - he left no legacy - he didn't die killing Russians - he just shot himself in the head - how lame is that?

Comment

A bottle of red wine and this thread. Wow. What a escape after a day at work 🙀

Comment

Only reached €450,000! I thought it would go to over a million easily

Comment

Hi,

the cap was actually sold for 420,000 euros without fees in the room.

Pictures courtesy of Lot-Tissimo/Thies.

See You

Vince
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X