This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post

Many thanks to "LuckyStrike23" for adding the link in post number 56. I have added the image from that below.

P
    Chris
    here are more examples. Please note I am not the owner of these pics - I found them somewhen somewhere in the www...
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It would be good IMHO if we stuck to discussing the items and not the assumed former owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
          Thank you but hardly worth the bother.
          Indeed hardly worth the bother but some of us are defending these exotic things because these came from a well-known respected collector how is not longer among us i think it's irrelevant from which source it came from it's important if something is good or not for the rest may Richard rest in peace,
          Christian

Comment

Yes I agree, "judge the item not the story"

and thus I also stress the need to study and discuss some these items in more detail than we have so far, before we conclude.

As far as ignoring whose collection an item is from and who is expressing an opinion or making the judgement regardless of how brief and lacking explanation it might be ??? ...................... Please hold fire on that idea.

WAF is a medium of "collecting by concensus" and who says what and has what in their collection is of the up most importance to many, many members here. In fact it is like a wolf pack and they savage weak wolves.

All Leroy has eastablished is that Richard was an experienced collector of 40+ years collecting. He studied things in detail right down to the direction that the thread twisted and what country it might have come from. He exposed many fakers in his time in the fields that he collected. We have only seen a slice of the German items that he had and a small slice at that.

The point I was making in post number 71 was that he may not have bought all these items for big money and may himself have obtained them to study further. Hell, we do not even know if he thought they were good or bad. May be he had some bad ones to show people and make comparisons with. Lets not jump to conclusions which is the real issue here.

Now I will put my energies back into the study and focus of the items. Once again, I thank "Luckystrike23" for even more images of piped black panzer side caps That is exactly what this thread is about.

"They did not do that...... yes they did"

Chris

Comment

Now where have I heard that ?? Oh yeah..Billbert

Comment

I have no interest in savaging (with my wolfpack) any defenseless sheep (living or dead) on the Forum. Members have been alerted to some "possibly" fake items in the hope that they not be victimized. As for the former owner, let us agree to believe that he bought these items "to study".

Comment

and thus I also stress the need to study and discuss some these items in more detail than we have so far, before we conclude.

As far as ignoring whose collection an item is from and who is expressing an opinion or making the judgement regardless of how brief and lacking explanation it might be ??? ...................... Please hold fire on that idea.

WAF is a medium of "collecting by concensus" and who says what and has what in their collection is of the up most importance to many, many members here. In fact it is like a wolf pack and they savage weak wolves.

All Leroy has eastablished is that Richard was an experienced collector of 40+ years collecting. He studied things in detail right down to the direction that the thread twisted and what country it might have come from. He exposed many fakers in his time in the fields that he collected. We have only seen a slice of the German items that he had and a small slice at that.

The point I was making in post number 71 was that he may not have bought all these items for big money and may himself have obtained them to study further. Hell, we do not even know if he thought they were good or bad. May be he had some bad ones to show people and make comparisons with. Lets not jump to conclusions which is the real issue here.

Now I will put my energies back into the study and focus of the items. Once again, I thank "Luckystrike23" for even more images of piped black panzer side caps That is exactly what this thread is about.

Chris
                  Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post

And then stands the questions,who did it? And when did they do it?

But,I know what you are saying..

Glenn
                    "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Can we get back to discussing why these caps are bad, for us less-informed folks?

Comment

Chris
                        Agree would like to hear a little more on some of these caps ? Are all or most of the insignia original ? Forgive me, i don't collect Pz except tropical

The Clemens Wagner Pz overseas cap for example ? Are those grommets good ? The stamp only lists Braunschweig ? Not Hamburg/Braunschweig like most overseas caps by this maker ? However some CW tropical sidecaps also just have Braunschweig only.

Its the 2nd last from bottom above the M43...

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthrea...=627182&page=4

Also the pink piping on the Pz overseas cap above, looks like it was applied last month, while the soutache looks like its been there awhile....

Comment

You mean this one?
                          Attached Files

Comment

And this one?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Tim,
                              look there, particulary #29 and 30 :

http://70.87.163.50/forums/showthrea...clemens+wagner

Comment

Originally posted by Tim OK View Post
                                The Clemens Wagner Pz overseas cap for example ? Are those grommets good ? The stamp only lists Braunschweig ? Not Hamburg/Braunschweig like most overseas caps by this maker ? However some CW tropical sidecaps also just have Braunschweig only.
                                Here is my original CW side cap. The stamp and grommets are different and I have never seen another kind of M34 by this maker. By the way I have never seen a (original) black M34 by this maker.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X