No announcement yet.

Panzer m43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, I think that Jacques' cap is highly questionable.
    We've seen 2 others on this thread made from the exact same materials and they certainly ring alarm bells. I'm simply not buying that 2 nearly identical rare black caps also ended up with identical Russian stamps.
    Plus we've got Glenn's account of handling more of the same.
    A bit of a killer for me also is the stamp. Glenn called it bad. I'd call it highly unlikely that Halfar used only the top part of the stamp used in visor caps to mark field caps when all the other Halfar field caps we've seen are stamped with a completely different design.

However, I don't think that Scott should feel pressured into taking it back. Sorry Jacques but I don't think anyone should be held to any kind of lifetime guarantee. A couple of weeks inspection time is more than reasonable and all we should expect honestly. It would be nice to hear from him on this thread though.

Comment

Very well said Jim.
      Last edited by TONY Q.W.; 02-11-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
        ...However, I don't think that Scott should feel pressured into taking it back...I don't think anyone should be held to any kind of lifetime guarantee. A couple of weeks inspection time is more than reasonable and all we should expect honestly....
        Absolutely NOT, especially when the buyer was apprised of concerns about the item and decided to disregard them and purchase it anyway.

B. N. Singer

Comment

True but you've got to go with your own instinct haven't you.

Plus, you doubt everything Bryon!

Comment

True but you've got to go with your own instinct haven't you.

Plus, you doubt everything Bryon!
            Yes, then you can't really "complain" if you think your instinct was wrong

Lord, Ben, if you only could see ALL the fakes I have! Would make you sick.

Regards,
            Bryon

Comment

To be fair Bryon, I don't think Jacques is complaining, he's just trying to get some concete evidence about the cap, good or bad and we still haven't got there yet.

Comment

To be fair Bryon, I don't think Jacques is complaining, he's just trying to get some concete evidence about the cap, good or bad and we still haven't got there yet.
                Maybe not; and as for "evidence," I think that may come given time.

Comment

Ben, you are correct, I was trying to establish the authenticity of the cap to set my mind at rest re the cap and I am pretty sure it is no good. Those that would have bothered to read the whole thread would have seen, that I admitted buying the cap was a mistake on my behalf and that I would have to "swallow the pill". It is is just interesting that the "you bought the fake, it is all your fault" gang had to jump onto the bandwagon again.

The seller believes the cap is good and promoted it as such. He also confirmed and was adamant it is original after I raised concerns and reffered him to the discussion here on the WAF. This happened before I bought the cap. Yes I went ahead and bought the cap and that was my mistake. However if the seller believed so strongly in the originality of the cap, here was an oppertunity to discuss and put his reasoning forward.

The moral of the story and the lesson learned again, by me and hopefully other collectors. Be very careful when you get approached and offered an item by one of the so called or accepted as experts, or even authors. Jacques

Comment

"However, I don't think that Scott should feel pressured into taking it back. Sorry Jacques but I don't think anyone should be held to any kind of lifetime guarantee. A couple of weeks inspection time is more than reasonable and all we should expect honestly. It would be nice to hear from him on this thread though.

Ben, please enlighten me to where in this thread have I asked Scott to take the cap back or referred to a life time guarentee or a COA? What I did ask for is the sellers explanation as to why he believes so strongly the cap is original. Jacques

Comment

hello,

at this stage, i wouldn't express my point of wiew saying 100% sure this cap is no good, Jacques.
                      bad feeling is one thing, real authenticity or not is another.
                      but 2 main points seems to ask serious questions : lining material used and markings.
                      as ever said, lack of bias material to the reverse edge of the flap is "secondary", as almost faded markings despite very good condition and very light evidence of wear.
                      Djpool's link about another discussion on officer's M43 reflect what should be the way to follow : a neutral, clear and deep analysis with exchange of differents opinions expressed on the item itself.
                      not more at this stage of the debate, to wich everybody is free to participate or not, even just asking questions.
                      i don't think it should be reserved to "experts" or "advanced collectors" only,
                      considering its educational value.

derka

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf
                        Ben, please enlighten me to where in this thread have I asked Scott to take the cap back or referred to a life time guarentee or a COA?
                        You didn't Jacques but I'll bet that's what a lot of people are thinking though.

Comment

Ben, I believe if you sell something as a original item, you open yourself and the item for scrutiny. If the item then fails the test you as seller stands exposed. This is the nature of forums such as this. Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                            Ben, I believe if you sell something as a original item, you open yourself and the item for scrutiny. If the item then fails the test you as seller stands exposed. This is the nature of forums such as this. Jacques
                            And the buyer can raise issues with the item anytime in the future and "name names" on a public forum, despite the fact he knew there might have been issues before buying said item.

In that case, IMHO, people (particularly when they are NOT a dealer making a living at this) need to be Very Careful who they decide to sell things to.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                              And the buyer can raise issues with the item anytime in the future and "name names" on a public forum, despite the fact he knew there might have been issues before buying said item.

In that case, IMHO, people (particularly when they are NOT a dealer making a living at this) need to be Very Careful who they decide to sell things to.

B. N. Singer

This type of one side arguments is not surprising coming from you.We have been there before. Basically what you are saying is that dodgy items can be sold, but the buyer should not be allowed to discuss the item or it history. Even though the buyer is the one taking the loss, the seller of the dodgy/fake item should be protected. Why does this approach ring a bell.

Even Glenn recommended, post 11, that it should be returned? That option was not discussed here, only the originality and history of the cap. It is of interest that your posts are not focussed on the cap or contributing to the discussion on black m43 caps, in this thread. I am honestly not interested in doing the same old merry go round with you, it is getting old. I think we should stick to the cap, some of us might learn something here.Jacques

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                                This type of one side arguments is not surprising coming from you.We have been there before. Basically what you are saying is that dodgy items can be sold, but the buyer should not be allowed to discuss the item or it history. Even though the buyer is the one taking the loss, the seller of the dodgy/fake item should be protected. Why does this approach ring a bell.

Even Glenn recommended, post 11, that it should be returned? That option was not discussed here, only the originality and history of the cap. It is of interest that your posts are not focussed on the cap or contributing to the discussion on black m43 caps, in this thread. I am honestly not interested in doing the same old merry go round with you, it is getting old. I think we should stick to the cap, some of us might learn something here.Jacques
                                I feel a need to make my thoughts clear, In that case, IMHO, people (particularly when they are NOT a dealer making a living at this) need to be Very Careful who they decide to sell things to.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X