Panzer m43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
    I've got a couple of questions about this.

1. Are you not one of the big dealers yourself?
    2. What made you unsure of this cap to sell it as a repro?
    3. If you were not sure about the ebay cap with it in hand, why then do you think that Jacques' cap is fake, as you said twice in your posts?

Just to be clear, I'm not having a pop at you Gerard. I'm just trying to work out your reasoning and get some answers about Halfar caps.

So far, we've seen 3 Halfar marked M43's. Jacques', the HG on another thread and now this ebay cap. All 3 stamps are different.

With all the experience on this forum, surely we can unearth some accurate information about these caps?
    Hi Ben,
    Here you go-
    1)not sure of what status I have as a dealer
    2)gut instinct, shape of visor, handling at least 100 of them,
    3)cap on ebay I suspected was a repro, that's why I sold it for nothing. This one doesn't even come close that one as far as fakes. Just not convincing. If it cap be sent to the SOS, which is in a few weeks, I would be willing to look at it (for what it's worth) along with other M43 collectors I know will be there.

I hope this helps you work out my reasoning.

Gerard

Comment

Gerard,

Can I mail the cap to you to have a look at it and discuss it with other m43 guys at the SOS? That would be really helpful. Jacques

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
      Hi Ben,
      Here you go-
      1)not sure of what status I have as a dealer
      2)gut instinct, shape of visor, handling at least 100 of them,
      3)cap on ebay I suspected was a repro, that's why I sold it for nothing. This one doesn't even come close that one as far as fakes. Just not convincing. If it cap be sent to the SOS, which is in a few weeks, I would be willing to look at it (for what it's worth) along with other M43 collectors I know will be there.

Gerard

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
        Sorry Ben,no photos but similar to the hats like Jacques owns and the ones with red Soviet stamps.
        Did any of the ones you handled also have the Soviet stamps?

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
          It does, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BenVK View Post
            Did any of the ones you handled also have the Soviet stamps?

Yes they did (and some originals do as well),have seen similar stamps however in fake Panzer wrappers etc...An attempt to make them look more authentic,IMO.

Glenn
            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn McInnes View Post
              Yes they did (and some originals do as well),have seen similar stamps however in fake Panzer wrappers etc...An attempt to make them look more authentic,IMO.

Glenn
              For this record, I have seen bogus Russian stamps in fake SS visors, many were piped examples.

John
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                For this record, I have seen bogus Russian stamps in fake SS visors, many were piped examples.

John
                I have seen too John.

Well, by pictures posted as I have already told to Jacques when this thread was just open, this cap IMHO has good chance to be original, I am confortable with that stamp and I like the wear of the cap .
                Materials used here from what I can see are original and only a in hands inspection is needed to be sure.
                I appreciate a lot the work that Ben has starded and I follow this thread with interest, great Job
                I think the best solution here is to send this cap to Gherard for rewiew to the SOS and examination in hands by more collectors.
                Luca
                Siam fatti cosi!

Comment

What I find strange is that the seller of this cap to Jacques has not tried to defend or validate its originality.

Shaun

Comment

Why should Scott have to defend himself? Scott is as much an "expert" as anyone who has posted on this thread. Unless he has a wartime picture of the hat showing the lining and stamp its a futile effort. On the other hand the negative comments are nothing but opinion either. So do we take a vote and the outcome is the determining factor on originality. Remember this battle which took years to resolve? If I listened to the "experts" and took an early vote, I would have thrown the hat in the trash. WR Jim

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=161382

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
                    What I find strange is that the seller of this cap to Jacques has not tried to defend or validate its originality.

Shaun

Comment

I think Scotts opinion would be very much appreciated, after all he has had the cap in hand..

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                        Ben , very informative posts. So where do we stand with that lining fabric, was it used or not. My second question is with regards to the trap, did the black Panzer caps not only use the T-insignia or the T on the trap insignia.? Third question which is the accepted Halfar marking? Jacques

jacquesf maybe you should research items more before you get them then expect the forum to police all your purchases<O</O

Comment

Originally posted by Sammler View Post
                          jacquesf maybe you should research items more before you get them then expect the forum to police all your purchases<O</O
                          and maybe you should think, before you post comments. jacques

Comment

Jacques,

I remember you posted this for comment before and it got mixed reviews then. Panzer M43s are tough and every collector has different standards for judging them.This ones falls out of the norm as far as what most collectors want to see. Does it means its bad, no. I don't recall seeing another one like it-which is a positive-at least in my book. If its a Reproduction I would think that some one has seen another one. If your looking for an absolute assurance on whether its original or not, I doubt if anyone can provide it. Unfortunately theres no (inexpensive) scientific method to authenticate items. I own three Pz M43s which I've posted before. Two past mustard with the forum and one got mixed reviews. Strangely enough I like the questionable hat the most. I can't prove its good but no one has proven its bad either. So without further information I'll continue to enjoy it.l

Doesn't E stand have a return policy? Did Scott fail to honor the return policy (if there is one). Did he give you any details of how and when he obtained it?

WR Jim

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=227944

Comment

We've all bought items that we've begun to doubt after a while. There's no shame in that and I don't blame Jacques one bit for seeking other opinions of this particular cap.

Comment

I agree with you on that, I just keep seeing that whole COA thing and what looks like no real clue in what the expectation should be for an item prior to purchasing it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X