Nick pick of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter
    I have Mexican's in the basement that added the piping. I told them to "make it funny" (and not funny "haha").

Gerard
    Lots of class there, Gerard.

Regards,

Drew

Comment

I'm just amazed that NTZ didn't drag CG into this somehow. Or is that coming?

Comment

Originally posted by shinerb View Post
        I'm just amazed that NTZ didn't drag CG into this somehow. Or is that coming?
        Boy this was an intelligent comment.

Comment

"WATERBOARDING..Yes, real men support it!
          CLOSE GUANTANAMO? To me it's compassionate we even take prisoners.
          Give 'em bibles, not korans!" ... Gerard

Gerard - lets not get political or politically incorrect here!
          Then again ...

“The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Prophet and make mischief in the land, is to murder them, crucify them, or cut off a hand and foot on opposite sides...their doom is dreadful. They will not escape the fire, suffering constantly.” ... Qur’an 5:33

"Islam is a religion of peace" ... George W Bush

Maybe giving each of those mooks the Koran is "nuts"!
          That's seems to be the playbook where they get their all their suicide bomb ideas.

Hmmm ... Maybe its our commander in chief who is ... "_ _ _ _"!

OOPS ... Sorry, I got sidetracked ... went off on a tangent ... This was supposed to be about piping or some such thing.
          Last edited by emilitaria_usmc; 02-07-2008, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
            Maybe some of you have never had a real general's cap with celleon piping. It would probably explain the ignorance I see here in this thread.
            You're right, most of us haven't but that doesn't mean we can't voice our opinions. Personnaly, I don't beleive that a General would be happy to buy a visor with less than absolutely perfectly applied piping but I'm just an ignorant collector, what do I know.

Comment

I copied Gerard's photograph and enlarged it, then placed arrows at the areas where the wreath overlaps the piping. On the sides of the wreath, the green band appears to have some cloth covering the piping (minimal at best). I think the concerns are unfounded. I believe it is the angle and lighting from the photograph, not the piping. Very nice visor.

BTW, Gerard is, by far, the best public dealer.

Frank
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Raven26; 02-07-2008, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Gerard/Relic Hunter; 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM. Reason: COMMENTS NOT THOUGHT OUT BEFORE POSTING

Comment

Dan,
                  My statement is neither political or politically incorrect. I think I can take a side in a war my country is in, without being political. Not sure what the "class" insult is, but I forgive you for it anyway, as it seems you have many of the same beliefs as I do.

Gerard

Originally posted by emilitaria_usmc View Post
                  "WATERBOARDING..Yes, real men support it!
                  CLOSE GUANTANAMO? To me it's compassionate we even take prisoners.
                  Give 'em bibles, not korans!" ... Gerard

Gerard - lets not get political or politically incorrect here!
                  Then again ...

“The punishment for those who wage war against Allah and His Prophet and make mischief in the land, is to murder them, crucify them, or cut off a hand and foot on opposite sides...their doom is dreadful. They will not escape the fire, suffering constantly.” ... Qur’an 5:33

"Islam is a religion of peace" ... George W Bush

Maybe giving each of those mooks the Koran is "nuts"!
                  That's seems to be the playbook where they get their all their suicide bomb ideas.

Hmmm ... Maybe its our commander in chief who is ... "_ _ _ _"!

OOPS ... Sorry, I got sidetracked ... went off on a tangent ... This was supposed to be about piping or some such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Wright View Post

Regards,

Drew
                    Drew,
                    Not sure why the insult. It was my initial reaction and actually witty, to be honest. You realize, of course, I don't actually have "Illegal foreign nationals of UNKNOWN origin" in my basement, right? I would never hide illegal foreign nationals in my house, it's unAmerican.

Gerard
                    Last edited by Gerard/Relic Hunter; 02-07-2008, 08:56 AM. Reason: not sensitive enough for a militaria forum

Comment

Has everyone read the description, or are they just going on photos??

Gerard

Comment

Originally posted by frank2far View Post
                        I copied Gerard's photograph and enlarged it, then placed arrows at the areas where the wreath overlaps the piping. On the sides of the wreath, the green band appears to have some cloth covering the piping (minimal at best). I think the concerns are unfounded. I believe it is the angle and lighting from the photograph, not the piping. Very nice visor.

BTW, Gerard is, by far, the best public dealer.

Frank
                        Description: The insignia is replaced, but done correctly.

This appears to explain the oddities around the cockade.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
                          Description: The insignia is replaced, but done correctly.

This appears to explain the oddities around the cockade.
                          That's exactly it, thank you for reading the description. The sewing of the wreath has caused stress on the piping.

Gerard

Comment

Gerard:

Well, let me explain it then. It was a simple response to your insult (at least your post would be taken that way by 99% of the Mexican-Americans here where I live to include my in-laws).

Friendly insight: your comment would not taken as "witty" by most around here but they would be laughing their butts off as they explained their point of view on the matter to you.

Regards,

Drew

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
                            Drew,
                            Not sure why the insult. It was my initial reaction and actually witty, to be honest. You realize, of course, I don't actually have Mexicans in my basement, right? I would never hide illegal foreign nationals in my house, it's unAmerican.

Gerard

Comment

Originally posted by Drew Wright View Post
                              Gerard:

Well, let me explain it then. It was a simple response to your insult (at least your post would be taken that way by 99% of the Mexican-Americans here where I live to include my in-laws).

Friendly insight: your comment would not taken as "witty" by most around here but they would be laughing their butts off as they explained their point of view on the matter to you.

Regards,

Drew
                              Drew, I meant "ILLEGAL" ones, NOT American citizens. I have edited my comments, so now we don't even know where they come from.

Comment

Gentlemen-
                                I Believe The Subject At Hand Is The Hat And Not Politics. Let's Keep Our Eye On The Ball. As To The Hat, It Looks Fine To Me. Further, This Thread Reinforces My Long Held Belief That Many Items Cannot Be Judged Only By Pictures.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X