Nick pick of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick pick of the day

As much as I beat on hack dealers I still give props to the good guys in the hobby. Here is my visor pick for the day. I would be buying this if I were not dead a$$ broke right now . Gerard as any good dealer has included all the detractions in his description (unlike a few other dealers I know) but still a nice buy at that price. Real Erel generals are not very common that is for sure.

http://www.relichunter.com/armygenvisor.jpg

I may very well be wrong here, but it certainly looks like the piping have been changed on this cap. Look how uneaven it is in many places. I would like to see how it looks under the sweatband as well as closeups of the piping in the places it loos uneven, to the right of the cocade and to the side.

It may very well be the photos as they are not close enough neather sharp enough to tell the full story.

Not a cap I would buy just from these photos though.

Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse Kongo View Post
      I may very well be wrong here, but it certainly looks like the piping have been changed on this cap. Look how uneaven it is in many places. I would like to see how it looks under the sweatband as well as closeups of the piping in the places it loos uneven, to the right of the cocade and to the side.

It may very well be the photos as they are not close enough neather sharp enough to tell the full story.

Lasse
      I certainly do not see that. The piping might look add in front because of the overlap of the wreath.

Comment

Lasse
        I have to agree, my first impression is that there is something wrong about the piping.

Comment

So what are you guys trying to say, I am going blind? I just don't see it. The peak and overhangs are spot on. A re-piped whould be cut short somewhere. I will ask Gerard for an under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
            So what are you guys trying to say, I am going blind? I just don't see it. The peak and overhangs are spot on. A re-piped whould be cut short somewhere. I will ask Gerard for an under the hood.

No, just something looks funny about it! I did not mean the overhang from the cocade, just beside that.

I may be wrong also, but would like to see more photos, specially under the sweatband and closeups of piping.

Lasse

Comment

I have to agree as well, soemthing about the piping doesn't look correct. Were the insignia and cord replaced? The buttons show plenty of wear but not the cord... I haven't seen the listing but I'm sure for the price they're asking I probably wouldn't consider the cap .

Comment

One more thing to add in favor of the visor. The type of sweatband on this visor and in that condition would be nearly impossible to remove and re-attach. If it were a re-pipe they certainly would have to remove it.

Comment

So where are the extra photos we are waiting for? That would answer many questions here.

Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                    One more thing to add in favor of the visor. The type of sweatband on this visor and in that condition would be nearly impossible to remove and re-attach. If it were a re-pipe they certainly would have to remove it.

If it where removed, it may have been in better conditon then, the problem getting it back properly may have caused the damage. Cap is in very good condition, why so much damage to the sweatband?

Lasse

Comment

Last edited by Gerard/Relic Hunter; 02-10-2008, 05:30 PM. Reason: comments were not thought out before posting

Comment

If it where removed, it may have been in better conditon then, the problem getting it back properly may have caused the damage. Cap is in very good condition, why so much damage to the sweatband?

Lasse
                        Lasse lining up the sweatband made of that material and having it sit smooth with an even flow is what I am getting at. I don’t know about you but I have re-built visors. I get a lot of fakes given to me by other collectors who got burned at want them out of their site. I mess around and try new things all the time. It makes you appreciate what is hard to do and what is easy. It gives you an instant snapshot of what to look for, plus it is fun. I just can’t see that sweatband being messed with at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
                          Hi Lasse,
                          I am not sure you asked me for photos. Anyway, I do not have the time or inclination to make them, unless someone is seriously planning to buy it. Even then, I would be hesitant as the sweatband is a type that is VERY fragile and rips if you try to fold it down. I think the assumtions made here are erroneous and surely you are not demanding photos. I am OK with you having questions, unless you are the buyer of the cap. Also, it's silly to condemn a cap unless you are sure it is bad, as obviously you could be wrong. Also, just for general forum knowledge, celleon will ALWAYS look new, so the piping and the chin cord are as they should be. The cap itself is untouched and the piping is done 100% correctly and absolutely beautfiul. Maybe some of you have never had a real general's cap with celleon piping. It would probably explain the ignorance I see here in this thread.

Best Regards,
                          Gerard Stezelberger

Hi Gerald,

I never implyed it was bad. I never condemned it. I just had a few concerns. It was posted by Nick as the pick of the week and should hence be a very nice original no question asked cap. I just had some questions.

I am sure you know what you are doing and it is naturally up to you to show more photos or not. By the way I never asked for them, Nick said he would ask you for more photos.

I have no problem with the celleon and you are right it allways looks new and is not compareable to bullion. However the condition of the piping where never in question, rather that it looks quite uneven in certain places on the photos just like a cap which have gotten a new piping applyed. It does naturally not mean your cap have it, nor did I imply so.

Good luck with the sale

Lasse

Comment

No problem, perhaps I just took it the wrong way. In person, the piping is perfectly even and is obviously original to the cap. Anyway, maybe I just overreacted.

Gerard

Hi Gerald,

I never implyed it was bad. I never condemned it. I just had a few concerns. It was posted by Nick as the pick of the week and should hence be a very nice original no question asked cap. I just had some questions.

I am sure you know what you are doing and it is naturally up to you to show more photos or not. By the way I never asked for them, Nick said he would ask you for more photos.

I have no problem with the celleon and you are right it allways looks new and is not compareable to bullion. However the condition of the piping where never in question, rather that it looks quite uneven in certain places on the photos just like a cap which have gotten a new piping applyed. It does naturally not mean your cap have it, nor did I imply so.

Good luck with the sale

Lasse

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter
                              I have Mexican's in the basement that added the piping. I told them to "make it funny" (and not funny "haha"). Gerard
                              Sí, mexicano hacemos los buenos sombreros para el distribuidor rico.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X