No announcement yet.

Nick pick of the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the observation Bob. I believe if people would have read the description, a lot of the questions would have been answered. Not sure why they threw politics into it.

-Gerard

Comment

The visor IMHO is a good one. I see NO red flags and if you guys want I will take a look see at the SOS. Although it might come home with me.

Comment

Guys,

In case anyone is interested, Gerard and I have been emailing each other and have cleared up the point of discussion between the two of us.

At the end of the day, it seems that a perfectly innocent, well intended statement in PA can be taken as something quite different in TX.

No telling the number of people I've inadvertantly upset over the years ...

Regards,

Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Gerard/Relic Hunter View Post
          Ben,
          Sorry if you were offended, but that's how I felt when I saw the post.
          Gerard, I'm not offended. But, your comments, whether your having a bad day or not, were bound to ruffle a few feathers weren't they?
          I never said the cap was not original, nobody did. I just agreed with another forum member that the piping looks questionable. I'm not talking about where it kinks over the cockade, that's natural and nothing to be worried about. There's other things about it that I'm not too keen on but you didn't stop for one second to ask what they are. You pulled the "I've seen these before and nobody else has" card out your pocket. That's not cool and the reason I responded with sarcasm.
          The bottom line is, you could have handled this a lot better IMHO. All it needed was a polite response, "what about the piping causes concern?" and posted a few more pics to answer those concerns, got everyone to see the reality, settle the matter and secured a sale.
          As it stands now, I really can't be arsed about this cap, whether it's good or bad but good luck with the sale. No hard feelings. I was in the market for a General's visor as well, shame.
          Cheers
          Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X