Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
    So, I guess this must be his better(!) half:
    Better hald would be an under statement.

Comment

Fake SS EREL's do they really exist?

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/v2/play.php?id=80698

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/v2/play.php?id=80709
      Last edited by waffen $$; 03-31-2007, 09:10 AM.

Comment

GOOD ONE

Comment

Those videos are the only thing I can get the wife to look at on the WAF!
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

hi

Thanks for some great info and an entertaining thread

Comment

great videos and imagination/creativity
              outstanding learning experience from this thread

Comment

great info,,,,fabulous vids,,,,thanks for all who made this a most interesting learning experience,,,,,

Comment

I see they are still praising this visor over on GDC.........

I would like to the owner post a photo of the full sweatshield but I won't hold my breath for it.

Comment

I thought I would bring this one to the top for my buddy Beau Brummel. It is the infamous black grommet Erel. Straight from the Luftwaffe Kleiderkasse.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
                        I thought I would bring this one to the top for my buddy Beau Brummel. It is the infamous black grommet Erel. Straight from the Luftwaffe Kleiderkasse.
                        Your autopsy has shown the crushers real face Nick...well done. And a fait accompli with the other issue me thinks.

Comment

NTZ,

Why did some of your posts in this thread get deleted?

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                            NTZ,

Why did some of your posts in this thread get deleted?

Brad
                            Because Mr. Lee under one of his aliases pissed me off. Just about everything I posted that was deleted was re-posted elsewhere in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by thelma View Post
                              All I can say is that whoever posted these images from another forum is TOTALY out of order and is of no business to the members here for comment!
                              This is of course part of the reason that we lose so many high end collectors/dealers posting their collections for our benifit,,,
                              And please dont give us the [this is a learning curve ] so we dont lose $$$$$.
                              This is what did it. This visor is textbook for someone learning what to look for in a Franky. It was a great example. He is just mad it was his. Sorry but the truth is more important than his feelings. He posted it in a public forum so it was free game.

Comment

By the way, if anyone still wants to learn from this the visor is question is what a few of us call the “Black grommet Erel”. Erel NEVER used a grommet painted on the inside. They were always brass. I have seen a few pics of ones in silver but I have strong doubts on those also as the visors they are in are always a bit questionable. The Black grommet Erel’s also use untreated cardboard as opposed to pasteboard. The side linings on these black grommet Erel’s are always the same, more of duller cotton and certainly do not match up to anything Erel ever put out. Now the top part of the linings with the sweat shield are in fact period Erel. In this case they used one out of a Luftwaffe visor, as noted by the Luftwaffe kleiderkasse address still on the shield. IMO these are almost completely post war except the top part of the lining, the sweatbands and the visor (brim). No matter what blowhard (under many aliases ) comes in and tells you they are good think again. I have handled a few of these and there is no doubt when you have it in hand. In fact I seen two of these at the SOS. Both generals. Go figure. You sure won’t find them in a Heer unless it is an ultra rare waffenfarbe were money could be made.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X