No announcement yet.

W-SS Erel Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on the tactics we’ve seen used over the years ….I have no doubt that this Visor will someday (maybe years from now) resurface with the “necessary modifications”.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    At that time , this will be regarded as a lucky find and possibly even be included in some reference book as an Original Visor.<o></o>
    For the amount of Money involved …I’m sure someone is already thinking about how it could be done.<o></o>
    We are not the only ones paying attention here.<o></o>

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Coleman View Post
      Ntz-
      We Have No Disagreement On Your Concerns With The Hat. I Also Know That We Both Agree That The Erel Not Making Ss Hats Is Total Nonsense. I Made My Initial Judgement Based On The Quality Of Material And The Proper Age Look To It. It Is Interesting That The Owner Held Back The Interior Images Until After The First Round Of Comments Were Made. This Would Be A Great Piece To Study As It Was Not A Slam Dunk Bad One From The Onstart. If This Is A Fake, Which Of Which There Is Some Possibility, It Is Better Than Those Enountered In The Past. It Also Once Again Proves The Point That Accurate Appraisal Cannot Be Done Solely From Photos.
      I love this thread and I agree with Bob Chris and Nick. With all the questions raised about erel's it wouldn't suprise me if someone said that Pekuro didn't make SS caps "again". I'm starting to wonder if anyone did.

Keep up the good work lads, this cap is a well constructed deceiver, it won't make it into my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ View Post
        Now for my grand finally I give you the indisputable evidence of what this shield was from. Feel free to match it up to the pics.

thelma, do you put yourself in this group?

"This is of course part of the reason that we lose so many high end collectors/dealers posting their collections for our benifit"

Bitte beachten! SS Kleiderkasse Berlinerfiliale Berlin-Wilmersdorf, also im Suedwesten, Kaiserallee 42. Puttkammerstrasse lag in Berlin-Mitte, unterhalb der Kochstrasse, nicht unweit des RLM an der Ecke Leipzigerstrasse/Wilhelmstrasse.

schoene Gruesse von der hohen Tatra! Krasne pozdravy z Vysokych Tatier! Jhr, Woelfl.
        Last edited by Woelfl; 03-25-2007, 03:50 PM.

Comment

BabelFish trans --
          <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=400 border=0><TBODY><FORM action=http://www.altavista.com/web/results method=get><TR><TD class=s bgColor=white>Consider please! SS dress cash citizen of Berlin branch Berlin Wilmersdorf, thus in the southwest, emperor avenue 42. Puttkammerstrasse was in Berlin center, nearby the RLM because of the corner Leipzig first race/William route. kind regards of the high Tatra! Krasne pozdravy z Vysokych Tatier! Jhr, Woelfl.

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=s></TD></TR></FORM></TBODY></TABLE>
          Consider please! SS dress cash citizen of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><ST1lace w:st="on">Berlin</ST1lace></st1:State> branch Berlin Wilmersdorf, thus in the southwest, emperor avenue 42. Puttkammerstrasse was in <st1:State w:st="on">Berlin</st1:State> center, nearby the RLM because of the corner <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1lace w:st="on">Leipzig</ST1lace></st1:City> first race/William route. kind regards of the high Tatra! Krasne pozdravy z Vysokych Tatier! Jhr, Woelfl

Comment

I tried to translate too.

Consider please! SS dress cash citizen of Berlin branch Berlin Wilmersdorf, thus in the southwest, emperor avenue 42. Puttkammerstrasse was in Berlin center, below the cooking race, not nearby the RLM because of the corner Leipzig first race/William route. kind regards of the high Tatra! Krasne pozdravy z Vysokych Tatier! Jhr, Woelfl.

Comment

Originally posted by thelma View Post
              All I can say is that whoever posted these images from another forum is TOTALY out of order and is of no business to the members here for comment!
              This is of course part of the reason that we lose so many high end collectors/dealers posting their collections for our benifit,,,
              And please dont give us the [this is a learning curve ] so we dont lose $$$$$.
              I bet this Lad (thelma, probably his wifes name) about choked on his fish and chips when he saw the negative responses. So he came up with this response, to make us look like the bad guys . Look buddy, Learn the hobby, and if you feel like you know it all, come back for another lesson

Comment

Originally posted by thelma View Post
                All I can say is that whoever posted these images from another forum is TOTALY out of order and is of no business to the members here for comment!
                This is of course part of the reason that we lose so many high end collectors/dealers posting their collections for our benifit,,,
                And please dont give us the [this is a learning curve ] so we dont lose $$$$$.
                This is a very naive comment - any photos posted on the internet are available for discussion and educational use, which is what happens in these forums. Owners of the photos (including dealers) can scream copyright or any other thing they like but the copyright laws allow for such educational use.

After seeing the comments posted here I too have doubts about the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                  The stitching on this strindruckfrei sweatband is immaculate--I cannot see a "re"-stitch, so if a Franky, this seamstress did a heck of a job.

Stonemint I might as well post this since I was just telling another member this. If you take apart an Erel you will learn that the sweatband is actually pretty easy to reattach undetected. The leather and oilcloth reed are one piece (so to speak). They are sewn together then attached to the cap base with a stitch where my arrow points (not the V-stitching but in between the oilcloth and leather). If you own an Erel stick you fingernail in these and look, you will see the stitching. If sneaky individuals wanted to they could remove a sweatband from a visor without disturbing the exterior stitching you see. Then re-sew it back in. If the stitches are tight enough you can not tell. I think most collectors look at the exposed stitching and if it looks good just assume the cap is good. This is not the case with Erel’s. I hope I didn’t give out too much info here but I don’t want anyone getting a false sense of security when looking at Erel’s I would say next to the Pekuro sweatbands these are the next easiest to reattach.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NTZ; 03-25-2007, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Here is a better shot where you can see the thread.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think we can put this thread to rest for all those who followed it. I confirmed through three independent sources that the only organization to be housed at the Puttkamerstabe 16/18 address (the one shown on the subject visor) prior to 1946 was the Luftwaffe Kleiderkasse. Taking aside all other arguments I would say this alone is an enormous red flag and one that can not be explained.

Comment

Unless it is one of the extremely rare officer's visors issued to SS FJ's in jump training with the Luftwaffe!
                        "Activity! Activity! Speed! I greet you."
                        -Napoleon to Massena, advancing on Landshut, April 18, 1809

Comment

[quote=Lignemaginot;1905793]

"This individual, "Thelma", is "Hooper 2" on the other forum."

By God sir, you have been undone ,

Mad as cheese with a bit of a Mollo Fetish not, I suspect, that he has ever read said volumes. I have voiced same on various occasions but have been labeled as a jealous troll wheras those who know me would liken me more to a fat Long John Silver. Considers himself of the same Ilk as D.A. .

HI HO ( oh s++t that was the seven dwarves, I'me still jealous though )

Yours, Fat The Knife.

Comment

That was a good one Anders

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X