W-SS Erel Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-SS Erel Officers

This hat was posted on another forum for review and comment, so we might as well do the same here. This is an Erel W-SS Privat:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lenny W; 04-28-2020, 05:09 PM. Reason: Merged posts
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

IMHO the skull is a die cast fake.
    I'd say that the marked spots are pores from the casting.
    Attached Files

Comment

The whole cap frame is bad,ie vent grommet,paste board,velvet cloth.
      I have one these pieces( mine is a signals) that I've deconstructed. I plan on posting it as an informational thread at some point in time.
      __________________________________________________ ________________
      Cheers Steve

Comment

I usually wait until everyone else comments, but good eyes NTZ and waffen--the most glaring "red flag" to me is the "Puttkamerstr." address on the sweatshield--that address is for the Verkaufsabteilungen der Luftwaffe. I vaguely recall seeing this hat somewhere else. The grommet also stood out--this baby definately needs a "hands-on."

Anyone else care to comment?
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

One other point is that the liner partially covers the vent grommet, sort of defeats the object of the vent system somewhat. I have not seen the vent hole obscured before. Looks like a good attempt at a deceiver but not good enough. From all the posted anomolies a brisk walk away would be advised.

Comment

Originally posted by NTZ
            The next time someone thinks that the posts some of us start regarding little details are “silly” (this is what I have been personally told) think twice. Those posts we start with all those insignificant details could have saved someone $8K+.
            Well Said!!! No post is silly. There is always someone who can learn something from each "silly" post. I know I'm learning new things all the time around here. I greatly appreciate all the knoweldge the members on this forum provide.

Comment

All I can say is that whoever posted these images from another forum is TOTALY out of order and is of no business to the members here for comment!
              This is of course part of the reason that we lose so many high end collectors/dealers posting their collections for our benifit,,,
              And please dont give us the [this is a learning curve ] so we dont lose $$$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by thelma View Post
                All I can say is that whoever posted these images from another forum is TOTALY out of order and is of no business to the members here for comment!
                This is of course part of the reason that we lose so many high end collectors/dealers posting their collections for our benifit,,,
                This thread was a benefit to all visor collectors. After this comment I see no need to make any so I deleted mine. It is know it all attitudes like this that are a detriment to the hobby. "I have been collecting for 600 years, don't tell me what is right and wrong". Happy collecting.

If the owner of this cap wants a different point of view from what was posted on the other forum I will be glad to re-join the thread. From its outward appearance the cap looked great. I don’t think anyone on the other forum took the time to study the details. If they did they would have had to ask themselves “why” several times.
                Last edited by NTZ; 03-25-2007, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Great thread, but taking a sad and expected turn!

However its really a pity you deleted your inputs NTZ!
                  Last edited by Felix; 03-25-2007, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                    Great thread!

However its really sad you deleted your inputs NTZ!
                    The collective wisdom of those who were quick to give their “that a boy’s” on the other forum over ruled anything I could say. Since they know it all what could I add? The owner of the cap is more than welcome to come here and ask for opinions.

Comment

Yes I know NTZ, but the owner of the cap did not complain about it being a controversial cap. He expected it, and was surprised by only getting positive responses! Wish I would have been knowledgeable enough about SS caps to give a comment, but Im not.

However its sad to se you got a nasty and not justified comment above!

"Felix" - N. Hansson

Comment

Hi

I agree with NTZ and Felix.
                        First of all, if all can learn from posting pics from another forum isn't out of order... Everyone is ripping pics of the internet and is posting them on message boards, saving them on hard discs or emailing them to others... So in your opinion, everyone who rips pics and puts them on forums or saves them on a hard disc should be sentences to death. Hip hip hurrah, 'cause the only ones who always get away with it are the ones who rip pics of the forum and "sell" the items on these pics on Ebay to earn an extra easy dollar...
                        Secondly, would you have reacted the same way if the situation was different, and that this visor was really OK, but was trashed as fake on another forum by mistake?

@NTZ: Now we see again that the 'postman' of bad news always gets the blame.

I think that these remarks of political correctness are the real reason why experienced members drop out...

Kind regards,
                        Gerd V

Comment

Nick,

I guess I could PM this to you, but what the heck.

Please go ahead and re-post your well-thought out responses to the photos of the cap.

This individual, "Thelma", is "Hooper 2" on the other forum.

He is, without a doubt, (although evidently wealthy enough to afford high end items) the most unstable character in the hobby of Third Reich collecting. I have no doubt that you will receive many PM about him - in the meantime, suffice it to say that he was already busted on the other forum for registering multiple names which he would then use to "praise" items that he'd post using another name... unfortunately for him, he forgot to log-out before posting his praise for one of his items, so we were presented with the rather bizarre picture of "Hooper 2" praising his own items. He then concocted some hair-brained excuse for this (concerning his computer being stolen, and someone trying to ruin his reputation); despite the fact that the forum administrator confirmed that all "Hooper 2" postings on that thread were coming from the same IP address (meaning the same computer), he was allowed to continue being a part of the forum.

If the administrator on the other forum cared to check the IP addresses of all the "different" people making posts about this cap on the other forum, I wouldn't mind betting that at least some of them are coming from the same IP address.

By the way, Thelma/Hooper 2 (I won't bother using your real name unless you insist), anything you'd like to say to me, you can say it here in the open. Anything you PM or email to me will be posted here - including your previous bizarre emails, all of which I've kept.

Comment

If it is indeed his visor he deserves it.

Comment

Ss Hat

Originally posted by Lignemaginot View Post
                              Nick,

I guess I could PM this to you, but what the heck.

Please go ahead and re-post your well-thought out responses to the photos of the cap.

This individual, "Thelma", is "Hooper 2" on the other forum.

He is, without a doubt, (although evidently wealthy enough to afford high end items) the most unstable character in the hobby of Third Reich collecting. I have no doubt that you will receive many PM about him - in the meantime, suffice it to say that he was already busted on the other forum for registering multiple names which he would then use to "praise" items that he'd post using another name... unfortunately for him, he forgot to log-out before posting his praise for one of his items, so we were presented with the rather bizarre picture of "Hooper 2" praising his own items. He then concocted some hair-brained excuse for this (concerning his computer being stolen, and someone trying to ruin his reputation); despite the fact that the forum administrator confirmed that all "Hooper 2" postings on that thread were coming from the same IP address (meaning the same computer), he was allowed to continue being a part of the forum.

If the administrator on the other forum cared to check the IP addresses of all the "different" people making posts about this cap on the other forum, I wouldn't mind betting that at least some of them are coming from the same IP address.

By the way, Thelma/Hooper 2 (I won't bother using your real name unless you insist), anything you'd like to say to me, you can say it here in the open. Anything you PM or email to me will be posted here - including your previous bizarre emails, all of which I've kept.
                              Damn ! The games people play .This hat looks like the one I bought from Wolfram Diebal in Germany in 1980.I don't know if is the same one or not but it looks like the kind that came out of West Germany in the early 80s.
                              If what you say is true this guy needs a life LOL .

Enjoy your hobby
                              Dennis J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X