ScapiniMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The late war economy Erel, did they exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here;s my humble contribution to this thread: A close to mint very late war infantry officer's visor with lime green lining I used to associate with Privat models only:

Don
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
      Here;s my humble contribution to this thread: A close to mint very late war infantry officer's visor with lime green lining I used to associate with Privat models only: Don
      Beauty Don!

Personally, I never doubted the existence of late-war Erels. I encountered them long before the good fakes appeared - other than the Altestes, which all have their own "tells" of course. And I've had that green lining in Privats, Extras, and Standards. Years ago here, I asked if anybody else can actually point out a solid difference between the Erel grades. I'm still waiting. I don't believe there really was one. You can find the ventilation system in everyone of them, and also the stirndruckfrei sweatband. Or not.

Comment

The late-late war Erels are definitely an acquired taste, but I have come to appreciate them over the years.

Sgt--agree with you on the Privat/Extra/Standard thing--just a marketing gimmick, imo...
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
          The late-late war Erels are definitely an acquired taste, but I have come to appreciate them over the years....
          I happen to like them very much myself . . . why don't you just go back to the days of non-appreciation - and leave them all to me?

Comment

My late war Arty Officer. No markings anywhere that I can find apart from some sizing stamps.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Lenny W; 04-29-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

This one has me baffled a little - as it doesn't appear to follow all the tell-tale patterns . . . but I think it might still fit the category.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
                This one has me baffled a little - as it doesn't appear to follow all the tell-tale patterns . . . but I think it might still fit the category.
                Easily baffled aren't we? J

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                  Easily baffled aren't we? J
                  Not really - didn't take long. I figured this one out.

Comment

Courtesy of a good friend, this is an unissued M-45 Infantry Erel in its original Kleiderkasse shipping box:
                    Attached Files
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      Courtesy of a good friend, this is an unissued M-45 Infantry Erel in its original Kleiderkasse shipping box:

Show the inside! Show the inside!

Don

Comment

Nice M-45 Kav on the e-stand. Interesting they still bothered with the "Privat" distinction.
                        Attached Files

Comment

That box is epic
                          That’s the packing newspaper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

From Post #187 to #190 . . . would sure like to know where that tunic is today.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X