Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overhoff
    RZM 36/42 SS Type 2

As previously stated, if you want to know more about differences in the two main Types of this marking (Type 1 and 3), please head to https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ckles-in-depth

Type 2 presented here is extremely rare. Matter of fact I know only one example of this Type: this exact buckle. Once I thought it could be just a stamping error made at the factory but the stamping is also different that Type 1 and 3, disregarding this option.

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to Ric, your Moderator.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Overhoff
      RZM 36/42 SS Type 3

As previously stated, if you want to know more about differences in the two main Types of this marking (Type 1 and 3), please head to https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ckles-in-depth

Type 3 presented here is way scarcer than Type 1. almost 20 Type 1 for one Type 3.

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to Dan D.(USA) known as KC1 in this Forum
      1.jpg
      2.jpg
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Overhoff
        RZM 36/43 SS

This is a very scarce marking attesting very few were made this year.

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to Thomas L. (France)
        1.jpg
        2.jpg
        3.jpg
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
          RZM 36/44 SS

This is a rare marking since only very few were made in 1944 under RZM contract. One collector swear to me he saw in collection a mint 36/45 but I never saw or heard of one myself. Even if possible it will be unlikely due to regulations.

Pictures and buckle are from Ric, your Forum Moderator.
          1.jpg
          2.jpg
          3.jpg
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
            OLC (within large diamond).

This is the only buckle I personally know with this marking (logo) and not de-nazified, attesting this marking was in use before the end of war. Even if there is a possibility that the center part could have been hammered then restored, it is obvious that this example was not de-nazified at the Overhoff factory as shown on the next buckle.

Pictures are from the owner of the buckle Marcelo T. (Brazil)

Jean Pierre Redeuilh
            Selling all my collection of SS buckles. Contact jpredeu@gmail.com for inquiry
            002.JPG
            1.jpg
            007.JPG
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
              OLC (Within large diamond)

This is the variant widely known with this marking. Buckle were de-nazified at factory after war to be sold as a regular buckle to be worn on a civilian belt. Some collectors are claiming this was a post war marking used by the Overhoff firm but at least the previous buckle does not enforce this idea.

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to Ric, your Forum Moderator.

Jean Pierre Redeuilh
              1.jpg
              2.jpg
              3.jpg
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                ges. gesch.

Marking on this late war SS buckle is so far unique. I did not had the buckle in hands but I do not have any reason to contest its originality.

Pictures and buckle are from Member Ivanjoaquin (Spain)
                j7qfc2.jpg
                bfi1if.jpg
                vih08g.jpg

Jean Pierre Redeuilh
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                  Unmarked (Green finished + Silver finished (Several kinds))

The silver variant is the most common SS buckle a collector could find. But this variant also includes several sub-variants which highly have their place in a collection since more rarer to find than the classic silver

Common Silver finished

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to Slawomir M.(Poland)
                  1.jpg
                  2.jpg

Even if most of SS buckles from my collection are now sold, still a few are available for sale. Please contact jpredeu@gmail.com for the list.
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff

Scarce Unpainted Back (Back was only sprayed with primer)

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to Alessandro O. (Italy)
                    1.jpg

2.jpg

Even if most of SS buckles from my collection are now sold, still a few are available for sale. Please contact jpredeu@gmail.com for the list.
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff

Very scarce anodized variant

Buckle was mine but I sold few months ago this buckle to Forum member CuriioRelic (USA). Unfortunately I lost my own pictures so I will use his instead

1.jpg
                      2.jpg

Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff

Green Finished and Phosphated

The Green Unmarked by Overhoff are extremely hard to find. This particular example is not painted but phosphated.

Pictures are mine but the buckle belongs to Ric, your Moderator
                        1.jpg

2.jpg,

Almost all my collection of SS buckles is now gone but I have about 15 still available for sale. Please send request to jpredeu@gmail.com
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X