X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZM 36/42 SS Buckles in Depth

Hello All,
    Since my first thread on the subject years ago there is still a lot of inquiries regarding those RZM 36/42 SS buckles. Unfortunately most requests are displaying fake buckles which are easy to spot right away.
    As usual, I believe education instead of assistance remains the key for a long term collecting success. So, please pay great attention to those photos before spending your hard earned money!
    I would also kindly ask readers to keep this thread WITHOUT adding any comment since I would like it to remain short and simple. A link to another thread dedicated to comments where you can write them will be posted at the end of this one. Thank You in advance.
    Let's start with several photos of originals. They were all made by the Overhoff firm in 1942. There was (as known of January 8, 2009) three variants made in one year. I called those variants Type 1, Type 2 and Type 3. The main difference between them was the marking itself. Detail of front (design) remained overall the same. Here they are:
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

type 1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:13 PM.
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Attached Files
      Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:18 PM.
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
        Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:21 PM.
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

type 2
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

type 3
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:25 PM.
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:28 PM.
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                    Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:37 PM.
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Top Left: Type 1 / Top Right: Type 2
                      Bottom: Type 3
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:39 PM.
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Some could ask if there were some minor differences? Yes, indeed. Those differences were mostly due to how catch was welded / soldered.
                        Here are some original examples showing those minor difference.

Thanks to Marc Verstraete for this photo taken just after his purchase of a lot from Chemnitz.

All are Type 1.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:43 PM.
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Why Type 1, 2 and 3? It is based on time order I believe those SS buckles were made by Overhoff: Type 1 first with its opened rings around the RZM and SS, then Type 2 with just one opened ring over the RZM. Finally Type 3 with both rings over the RZM and SS fully closed like it was with 36/43's produced the next year and 36/44's produced in 1944.
                          Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:46 PM.
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

ALL following photos are showing FAKES !!

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Jean Pierre Redeuilh; 01-18-2009, 02:47 PM.
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Unmarked Fake example but Fake RZM 36/42 SS is exact same with only an additional marking. So pay attention to this much Larger pic!
                              Attached Files
                              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X