SS Buckles to collect: The ultimate list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.Sieper
    Unmarked Injection Molded (also called Alu Flat Back)

Even if this buckle does not have any marking it was for sure made by Richard Sieper. When? Probably just before the introduction of belt buckles made from steel for the SS. Probably this was a rejected concept due to either not strong enough for military use, or one of the metal content used for his production was no longer allowed to use for the manufacture of belt buckles.

It is to note that stating these buckles were made from aluminum is somehow false. It is indeed a mix of different lightweight metals but totally different than the one used for the manufacture of regular aluminum SS buckles.

Pictures are still mine but I sold this buckle to Ric, your Moderator.
    Attached Files
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Overhoff
      RZM 36/37 SS (Marking by Catch)

Another extremely rare buckle made this time by Overhoff. Why was the marking in front of the catch rather than below the post sleeve assembly? All the following production from this maker, including the already rare others made during the same year, have their marking under their post sleeve, except that one.

Pictures and buckle are mine. Buckle still available to sale to the specialized collector.
      Attached Files
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Overhoff
        RZM 36/37 SS (Regular marking under post sleeve)

Here is the classic marking of Overhoff SS EM buckles for the year of 1937

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to advanced collector Dan D. (USA) - KC1 in this forum
        Attached Files
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
          RZM 36/38 SS (Regular marking under post sleeve)

Pictures of this mint buckle are mine but I sold this buckle last week to Slawomir M. (Poland)
          Attached Files
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
            RZM 36/39 SS (Regular marking under post sleeve)

Pictures of this buckle are mine but I sold this buckle to Cyril de LF. (France)
            Attached Files
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
              RZM 36/40 SS (Type 1 One ring around SS - Regular marking under post sleeve)
              This is a much scarcer variant than the one with two rings around the SS runes that I will post later.

Pictures are mine. Buckle still available for sale
              Attached Files
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

NOTE:There is at least one example like the above buckle to have been green painted, probably from factory.
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                  RZM 36/40 SS (Type 2 Two rings around SS - Regular marking under post sleeve)

This is the classical 36/40, the one fakers cast the most. Here is your chance to observe a stone mint original example to later compare it to the fake you will probably buy.

Pictures are mine but I sold this buckle to Harry K. (The Netherlands) (also known as Dirtyharry in this Forum)

Attached Files
                  Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Aluminum Buckles (SS Officer) 1937 to 1940:

Assmann
                    Unmarked (Believed to be prototype - buckle without prongs)
                    Unmarked (Believed to be prototype - buckle with prongs)

No need anymore to introduce those buckles. Few of each variant are known but none is unique. Or I should rather say that one, at least, is unique in the fact that it is mounted on a unique SS brocade, probably a prototype SS brocade as well. This brocade with attached buckle belongs to a well known Belgian collector.

All pictures I am using were taken by Marc Verstraete when buckles were still in his collection.
                    Attached Files
                    Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                      RZM 36/37 oLc SS

Pictures are still mine by buckle was sold to Dan D. (USA) - KC1 in this Forum
                      Attached Files
                      Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                        RZM 36/38 oLc SS

This is a beautiful and classic buckle. Most original SS brocade belts will come with one of those buckles. Be the reader aware that all 36/38's were not strictly identical!
                        For this purpose I will advise to read the following thread as well:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1029849

Pictures are still mine but I sold this buckle to someone that I do not remember...

If someone is interested, I still have available for sale two mounted on SS brocades.
                        Attached Files
                        Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

NOTE several differences among those 36/38's.

Picture was taken in 2005 by Marc Verstraete (Belgium) when those buckles were still in his collection.
                          Attached Files
                          Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                            RZM 36/39 oLc SS
                            I have this mint example available for sale on a mint brocade
                            Attached Files
                            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                              RZM 36/39 oLc SS overstamped with Large oLc

This is an extremely rare marking. This larger oLc which is stamped over the regular marking is usually found on other buckles but never alone. The first time I saw this larger oLc was on de-nazified SS EM buckles sold after the war. Collectors were saying this was a postwar marking used only on postwar buckles made by Overhoff. Then I saw it applied on at least one non de-nazified SS EM buckle, allowing to believe this marking on de-nazified SS EM buckles was not applied AFTER the war but DURING the very last period of war. Then I obtained this ground dug example attesting this large oLc marking was already used well before the end of war...

Pictures are still mine but I sold this buckle to Ric, your Moderator.
                              Attached Files
                              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Overhoff
                                RZM 36/40 oLc SS

This is the very last year Overhoff made SS officer buckles in aluminum. By 1942 a new serie made from zinc will be available.

For note, this pictured buckle is coming directly from the family of a former officer of the 5th SS Panzer Division "Wiking".

Pictures are still mine but this beautiful buckle was sold to Alessandro O. (Italy)
                                Attached Files
                                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X