No announcement yet.

Development of Panzer throat mikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just got this nice set of original and in really good condition The rubber pads, I mean, for the same price repros are being sold.

Carles
    Attached Files

Comment

I finally decided to pick up a head set lacking the leather cover for the spring head band. I got a mint one and when I checked the date when it arrived, it was indeed 1945, as I had anticipated. In this brand new condition, it is clear that the leather had not come off after issue, but was produced like this. However, this example shows that the leather reinforcement at the exit of the cord was not omitted. Anyway, I have satisfied myself that at least 1945 Pz headsets were made without leather band covering. This is my only such example, so I am unable to say whether that practice already started partially in 1944, as Carles assumes to be the case.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nick, any maker's stamps or code?

Carles

Comment

Here's what I see, but edg is Henckele Zwillingswerk in Solingen, and I'm not sure that makes any sense in this context to me.
          Attached Files

Comment

I just noticed it probably does make sense, because the set in post 85 also has the twins logo of the same company.
            And what do you know, I didn't see it before, because it was obscured by the internal components, but mine also has the dnz
            marking at the bottom! I see a trend here, but not enough samples to draw conclusions yet.
            Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-09-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Just coincidence, I have realised that not only my 2 leatherless headsets are 'dnz' but my UKWEe #2 is also, and it's dated 1945. Can't show the stamps right now, as I haven't got good light, but most of the radio equipment I bought last year.

Carles
              Attached Files

Comment

I didn't expect to have any updates for this thread, but here is a pleasant surprise many will appreciate.
                Earlier in the thread, I showed a 1942 Version of the low impedance Dfhd, but here is a 1940 version of it. Before the introduction of the Panzerkasten 20 in 1941/42, the radios (denoted by the yellow line) had their circuits modified in 1940 to allow 3 crew members to be connected to the intercom system. Of the three crews, only the radio operator wore the high impedance Dfhb that later became standard for all crew, and the other two wore Dfhd sets. After the introduction of the Kasten 20, however, with the exception of use in some armored cars for the police, the Dfhd became extinct and completely disappeared from tanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

The plug configuration of the Dfhd also showed big change
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice!
                    I am still looking for one of these early orange sets!
                    Steve

Comment

It is nice to see you are getting the whole set.

Carles

Comment

Hello Nick,

Today the postman brought a packet with this uncomplete headset...and guess what make it is

Carles
                        Attached Files

Comment

I suppose a dnz 44 with no leather band cover, right? I don't know whether an incomplete set can be solid proof of 1944 specs, but at least it is a big bread crumb leading towards the conclusion that dnz had already started to omit the leather from its 1944 production. Thanks for showing

Comment

Yes it is

Carles
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting discussion about the 1944 Kmfc throat mike here. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=618598

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Komiya View Post
                                Interesting discussion about the 1944 Kmfc throat mike here. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=618598
                                Just noticed the link was wrong. Apologies here the correct one http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=618765

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X