Ratisbons

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20th of July Wound Badge holders gallery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chen View Post
    Dana Thies's offer.
    Little different than this one.

cheers
    Matt
    Attached Files

Comment

I asked earlier in this thread how many were actually produced. From what I can research, it looks as if 23 actual badges of various grades were awarded. However, discounting originals lost to time, there seems to be many more than 23"origionals" still floating around. Any thoughts?

Comment

Dr. Kiletmann: app 100 were strike. All have 800. Existed in either L/12 or 2.
        W C Stump( real one): he said in 2004 that 100 x 800/2 by CE Junker and unknown no. of 800 L/12.
        Angolia: 100 badges by C E Junker.

Comment

Fantastic thread, with not only super photos of the award ceremony, but great examples of each grade!

Mike

Comment

Unnamed Wound Badge Gold grade, sold by Hermann Historica some years ago.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Unidentified holder of the badge during the recognition of Goebbels body, May 1945.
                Attached Files

Comment

Fegelein? Alive

Isn't that man wearing an SS tunic with sleeve eagle removed? Also July Wound badge and anti partisan badge? I thought Fegelein was executed prior to bunker being taken?

Comment

That is Vice-Admiral Voss.

Comment

Wasn't Voss awarded the badge in all three classes? Any idea what happened to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jmondo View Post
                        Wasn't Voss awarded the badge in all three classes? Any idea what happened to them?
                        Whoops read the rest of the thread got my answer, sorry but in any case why was he in an SS uniform?

Comment

Hi Sepp ! Another great thread my friend ! Thanks, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                            A reliable source told me these 5 black wound badges are the ones stored in the Red Army Museum in Moscow.

Captured after 1945 and in Russian hands since then.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sepp45 View Post
                                If I remember right, this was an original badge. Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X