Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hears a nice one from Italy,maker marked A Pagani Milano,via.brio/chi 31.

Could this be a date?

Comment

This one is a little scruffy

Comment

Italian tinnie...

Marcus-

I am not familiar with the "format" of Italian maker marks; however, I am sure one of our fellow collectors will get you some G2 on it...

I might suggest that you start a new thread with "stick-pins" - although not tinnies, there are many politically based stick-pins and since they are not "full-size" awards, I don't know why we can't start that thread here. I have several myself to add to the thread if you would like to start one.

Best Regards-

Kevin

Comment

All of them,nothing to look at I'm afraid

Comment

Collecting

Marcus-

Some nice pieces there. Everyone starts somewhere and grows from there into areas that interest them. Keep collecting !!

Kevin

Comment

Nice little collection, Marcus.

The PNF thingie is an Italian Partito Nationale Fascisti (PNF)membership badge.

Mine is marked "F.M Lorioli & Castelli, via Bronzetti, Milano" on the buttonhole attachment, and "Mod. Depositato" and "F. M. Lorioli & Castelli, Milano" on the back of the piece itself. No numbers.

This little badge has a current value of around $75 to $100. Nice find!

Here's mine:
              Attached Files
              -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Thanks Ralph,I paid 10 pounds for this

Heres the back of mine,not a very good picture compared to yours;you can just make out a 31(well I think I can!)

Marcus

Comment

Here's a rare tinnie.

I am embarrased to say I have no idea who John Philip Palm was, and a web search only comes up with a street named after him. And he's not in any of my Encyclopedias either. Who be this dude?
                  Attached Files
                  -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Membership pin and badge thread.

Quoting the Leader Of Us All:

"I might suggest that you start a new thread with "stick-pins" - although not tinnies, there are many politically based stick-pins and since they are not "full-size" awards, I don't know why we can't start that thread here. I have several myself to add to the thread if you would like to start one. "

Great idea! Kevin, Marcus, I have a handful of interesting ones I would to post to the thread. You start um, me participate.

Do us a favor and add a link to the thread here, if you start one.

Bear in mind that there is already a nice "show your miniatures" thread so you might want to limit the new thread to political and civilian membership badges and pins only.
                    Last edited by Ralph A; 05-03-2003, 07:43 PM.
                    -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Dude ID'd

Ralph-

Google translated this from German. It must be your "dude". He's mentioned in the last paragraph.
                      =========================================

Imperator Napoleon in Passau
                      More than 200 years ago it was born, Napoleon Bonaparte , general, first consul and emperor of France. For it the city Passau in their exposed situation at Danube, Inn and Ilz was as important, can by extensive correspondence be occupied. Twice the French " Imperator" visited even even the three-river city.
                      It was emperors Napoleon and the contract of Paris (1802), who sealed the fall of the old prince diocese Passau. Austria received all passauischen possessions within its borders. Bavaria took in the lion's share of the "booty" including the city and the fortress upper house. Thus Napoleon the "important key of the Danube valley" had himself secured.

On 28 December 1805 the Imperator came to its first Stippvisite to Passau. On arrangement of the commander of fortress Mutele municipal authorities had to appear full to the receipt, which are available citizen resistance for the parade. While Napoleon ordered with dinner in the post office house into the Theresienstrasse only eggs, it could its attendants be particularly tasted. The calculation over 125 guldens had to settle the city.

Its instruction for the development of the Veste upper house was energetically converted. Thus it succeeded to occupy the Austrian troops on 10 April 1809 with support Passauer citizen the city, but troops on the George mountain "allied" resisted courageously their skin.

After the retreat of the Austrian troops Napoleon Bonaparte let the castle fasten further. With its second attendance in Passau it examined the attachment plants.

On 18 October 1809 it had descended against evening in the former fuerstbischoeflichen residence (today regional court). He inhabited the "Napoleon room" which can be lain against the Innbrueckgasse , formerly work space of the prince bishop. Two days later it left the city again toward Munich.

Against the resistance Bavaria succeeded the Frenchmen "allied" with compromiseless hardness. Thus on 26 August 1806 on the barriers of the nearby fortress Braunau at the Inn of the Nuernberger booksellers and publisher Johann Phillip Palm was fuesiliert. Palm operated also in Passau since 1803 a bookshop. From its managing director in the three-river city, the earlier Konsistorialrat of Gelin, the block letters are to come, which brought Palm before the rifles of the Frenchmen.

Comment

Kevin, thanks.

Armed with that, I found a bit more:

"The severity with which Bonaparte treated the press may be inferred from the case of Palm the publisher. In 1808 Johann Phillip Palm, of Nuremberg, was shot by Napoleon's order for issuing a pamphlet against the rule of the French in Germany."

As a reward for your assistance, I post for your viewing pleasure these two SA Wettkampftage tinnies by Richard Sieper & Söhne of Lüdenscheid.
                        Attached Files
                        -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Second one.

Note the similar shades of paint on the two, yet the pieces are dated a year apart.

Must have been "stock shades".

The burgundy matches the darker background of the Forum also!
                          Attached Files
                          -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Awww, what the heck. How about one more?

Here's to you. Salut!
                            Attached Files
                            -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Slobbering...

...all down my chin...drool, drool....

Very nice SA pieces - colors are beautiful....

You 'da man.......

Comment

Very cool Ralph
                                here is one of Siegfried slaying the dragon with the bonus of having the enigmatic "Robinson" maker"
                                mike
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X