• Show
Clear All

Thank you, Jon.

Regards,
    Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
      Dear All,

Just wondering if anyone has information about Anton Heigl who was awarded the GPB No.132? Clearly he was a Blood Order holder. The badge was purchased from an old HH event and did come with papers but it is all in German. If anyone has information about Anton Heigl or access to the DAL papers it would be appreciated. Some pics as posted previously to recap...

A very low number GPB...

Thanks, guys.
      Mil

Mil, you are going to have to hire a researcher to photo his party ID cards from the two files and check for any party correspondence under his name. Unless someone has done it before, that is the only way to do it. The papers are here in the US National Archives or in Bundesarchives.

Why does this thread have a black arrow on green disc in the index?

Comment

Hi Joe,

Thanks. I do have some of his papers when I purchased the badge and think that it might have been partially researched. However, most are facsimiles of the original documents and in German. Perhaps for a start I might locate a German to English translator, rather than a NARA-Archive investigator (which I have done so for other projects and my TK Ring).

Thanks, Joe.

Mil

Comment

Anton Heigl is a rather common name, one of the Chief of Police in Munich after WWII had the same name (left in the picture).

You can email me the scans, I'll be happy to translate.

Comment

A large GPB w/safety pin -- perhaps this one? -- was among the holdings of John Pepera which were auctioned by HH on 5/14/14.

Br. James

Comment

Hi James,

Yes, it was purchased from HH and was from the John Pepera collection. Was looking through my collection and this came up. Decided to re-post.

Mil

Comment

Hi Mil,

Yes, it's a fine example! I bought one of John's GPBs via that HH auction, too -- I'm proud to have a piece in my collection that John Pepera -- a/k/a Peppers -- held in his world-class collection! He continues to be both an inspiration and a great loss to our hobby; I regularly miss his availability, as I would often call upon him with a question, and I always trusted his answers. I hope he's resting in well-deserved peace now!

Happy holidays, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Happy Holidays, James my friend.

Sincerely yours,
                  Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X