Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Party Badge GPB for review

Hi,

Sharing with all of you my new acquisition that has just come in. Would like to obtain your opinions before I shed more light on it.
    This large form, Deschler-marked badge has a very nice low number. Some of you might have seen this and your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards,
    Mil

Comment

Comment

Appears to be a nice one!

From my list it appears to be attributed to Blutordenträger Anton Heigl, i believe?

Comment

Was on my short list as well, but not at the top of it.

Comment

A beautiful piece from John Pepera's world-class collection! Congrats!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Jon. H View Post
              Appears to be a nice one!

From my list it appears to be attributed to Blutordenträger Anton Heigl, i believe?
              Hi Jon,

Thanks for the feedback and yes, my records show that it is attributed to Anton Heigl. Do you have any further information about him apart from internet sources?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                A beautiful piece from John Pepera's world-class collection! Congrats!

Br. James
                Thank you James. Did you get anything?

Mil

Comment

Congratulations Mil, its a nice badge. I was in Munich last week could have saved you the shipping.

Comment

Thanks Jon, very kind of you. Yes, shipping was rather high and I bought a couple of other items as well.
                    Would have imposed on you to carry my loot back. I miss Munich.

Mil

Comment

You're welcome, Mil. And yes, I won one of John's Fuess-marked badges...though it hasn't arrived yet. Can't wait to have it in hand! It's doubly-special to me, as John was such a valued friend and colleague and his collection of GPBs was world-class!

Did anyone else here succeed at the HH auction?

Br. James

Comment

Yes indeed, it is always nice to have a token of keepsake from the Pepera Collection which now isn't available any longer. It's sad that his 140+ GPBs have all parted. I recall that John said some 10 years ago that this particular GPB #132 was the one with the lowest GPB number which he had; and a very special one in his eyes.

And yes - Did anyone else here succeed at the HH auction?

Mil

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        You're welcome, Mil. And yes, I won one of John's Fuess-marked badges...though it hasn't arrived yet. Can't wait to have it in hand! It's doubly-special to me, as John was such a valued friend and colleague and his collection of GPBs was world-class!

Did anyone else here succeed at the HH auction?

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                          Yes indeed, it is always nice to have a token of keepsake from the Pepera Collection which now isn't available any longer. It's sad that his 140+ GPBs have all parted. I recall that John said some 10 years ago that this particular GPB #132 was the one with the lowest GPB number which he had; and a very special one in his eyes.

And yes - Did anyone else here succeed at the HH auction?

Mil
                          It was the lowest and only three digit number badge that John had. He had a few four digit ones. I was bled dry in winning Heinz Lappe's #65537 30mm and his Ausweis. I had some personal attachment to me as I arranged a three way trade for John to acquire the Ausweis that I knew was in another collection to join his badge. And I found one of Lappe's 24mm badges on a German auction last year. The 25% commission + shipping was my last pint.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            It was the lowest and only three digit number badge that John had. He had a few four digit ones. I was bled dry in winning Heinz Lappe's #65537 30mm and his Ausweis. I had some personal attachment to me as I arranged a three way trade for John to acquire the Ausweis that I knew was in another collection to join his badge. And I found one of Lappe's 24mm badges on a German auction last year. The 25% commission + shipping was my last pint.
                            Agreed, Joe. The 25% commission + shipping was really over the top. But let's put it this way, if it's gone its gone and I know that #132 is for keeps (at least for now). Just wondering if any other members have acquired John's collection and we can try to piece together where some went. Hope to good homes!

It's nice to know the #132 was John's lowest and the only 3 digit numbered badge. I guess it makes it even more special! Of course it will be even nice to find the Blutordenträger's BO.

Mil

Comment

Joe's missed the 695 set to Dr. Hans Jobst, which was only 100 Euros more.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X