The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

The RZM code:
      M1/13 is L. Christian Lauer, Nürnberg
      M1/15 is Ferdinand Hoffstätter, Bonn am Rhein
      M1/27 is E. L. Muller. Pforzhein
      M1/148 is Heinrich Ulbrichts Witwe, Wien

jray,The two possible makers for you badge are Franz Jungwieth, Wien (M1/152) and Walter & Henien, Gablonz am N. (M1/172)

Theodor, we would need a much better picture of your badge to call it authentic or not. The lack of a RZM mark only means it was made before 1935 if it is authentic.

Comment

James what do you think of my Ges Gesch 72??????

Comment

jray, While you have shared some of your very nice NSDAP badge's with us I believe and this just my gut feeling not having it in my hand that your # 72 is a repro. I base this opinion on three things #1 the oval O, #2 the wide space between National & Sozialistische and badly placed attach plate covering the RZM mark. Where any one of these conditions by themselves could be classed as a variation putting them all on one badge and here again IMOP says repro.
          Compare yours and TerryG's badge that I have put together here and see what you think.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by James Noble; 04-20-2004, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Nsdap 72

James

By any set of rules the badge is a flat out fake yet there is something about it that leaves me wondering. It's got a spread L-S, the RZM stamp has one ring and the reverse and obverse fonts match nothing I've ever seen. I guess what leaves me perplexed is that the general condition of an authentic piece matches what I got and, more importantly, the reverse is such a hodge-podge that someone faking a badge would have to be insane to attempt it. This doesn't mean that those faking badges are not so idiotic that they might create such a piece. Stamp "Ges. Gesch." on the pin clasp and then cover up half the RZM mark? It's one of those things that you just can't believe someone making a fake would do.
            I belive I have a odd genuine. Maybe early version of badges.
            I can tell you this-----that this piece came from an estate of the King William County, a Virginia vet and is 100 % authentic.

I have posted better photos

[
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jray2986; 06-28-2004, 09:26 AM.

Comment

72 back
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jray2986; 04-20-2004, 09:11 PM.

Comment

jray, You asked what I thought of this badge and I told you from the pictures you provided what my gut feeling was. I have no problem with a single ring RZM mark that's why I didn't mention it in my list of things I felt were wrong with the badge or even a Ges Gesch stamped pin clasp I just don't think it was originally intended for this badge. My biggest problem is with the obverse fonts the
                "L - S and the 0 O" that you yourself have pointed out. You asked my opinion I gave it. Bottom line here you have it in hand and your happy with it that's all that matters.

Comment

Thanks James

Comment

Thanks James, well, I'll try it next week, if at last my better camera is repaired
                    The World Needs Peace

Interesting photo archive: http://www.lostbulgaria.com

Comment

My new arrival.

Al
                      Attached Files

Comment

Makers mark 105, which I think it is Herman Aurich if my info is correct.

Al
                        Attached Files

Comment

Al, A great example of an membership badge very nice indeed and you are correct M1/105 is Hermann Aurich.
                          Last edited by James Noble; 08-15-2004, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Hello all, Can anyone tell me who the maker with rzm code m1/145 is? Also is there a site with a listing of all known rzm #'s? Thanks ahead of time for any info.
                            Duzig

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig
                              Hello all, Can anyone tell me who the maker with rzm code m1/145 is? Also is there a site with a listing of all known rzm #'s? Thanks ahead of time for any info.
                              Duzig
                              Duzig, Sorry M1/145 is just 1 of the 17 missing from the list of 184 known company's.

Comment

jnoble, is this list online? can you post it here on the database for future reference?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X