Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was speaking about all TR silverware - most is dead in the water - AH informal is between all the rest & AH formal - still going up but not red hot. Not denigrating any collecting niche - just don't want be be stuck with something costing thousands and hard to sell.

Comment

Good morning

I believe that the formal pieces in price may will fall!
      It naturally to all the country diverent to where you want to sell. Many Russians and Americans pay more simply because the gatherer culture are deeply rooted in society and simply live.
      And of course, the money sometimes is looser.

In German this is something else. The German citizens are a very safe pepel that dont buy to much speculate Ohr unsafe Dings.
      Especially in Bavaria, it is Not to populated collecting such pieces, the Collect Gold buy Hauses ... That is the German citizens !

Currently the price is high because for Us Dealer that define this market share in the World.

Again to all, someone might have a picture of an asparagus server?
      Wenn yes PLZ let my no.

MfG
      Fredy

Comment

Prices of Historical AH Formal Pattern Silver $$$

Who really knows what the market will be like in years to come for any TR items . I can say that AH formal silver has gone up up up over the past 30 years I have handled it .. It will not surprise me to see many of the AH formal pieces continue to increase 25% in the next 3 to 4 years.. Its supply is ltd. and collectors interest in it continues to grow. Most collectors I know that buy it don't resell it unless they need the money for other interest. A long term investment thing for most and proven to be good. I sell it as a dealer but also collect it and see the values continue to increase in years to come. Brent

Comment

Brent's last note is important, IMO. Speaking only for myself, I have never bought TR/NSDAP artifacts with an eye for reselling them; I have never been a dealer in antiques and have only purchased what I was interested in at the time. And though I've seen AH Informal Pattern pieces go up more than 300% from the first piece I ever bought some 15 years ago until the most recent piece this year, it is always the item itself that I want and collect and the only time the price has become involved in whether or not I purchase a new piece is when the price is far too high for my poor wallet to afford.

When it comes time for 'thinning the collections' due to advancing age, I may find that I've paid too much for some pieces, even those purchased decades ago. But I didn't buy what I have because of the price; I am a student of history and a collector, and artifacts bring that dry and dusty history to life before my very eyes and in my two hands...I love it!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Brent's last note is important, IMO. Speaking only for myself, I have never bought TR/NSDAP artifacts with an eye for reselling them; I have never been a dealer in antiques and have only purchased what I was interested in at the time. And though I've seen AH Informal Pattern pieces go up more than 300% from the first piece I ever bought some 15 years ago until the most recent piece this year, it is always the item itself that I want and collect and the only time the price has become involved in whether or not I purchase a new piece is when the price is far too high for my poor wallet to afford.

When it comes time for 'thinning the collections' due to advancing age, I may find that I've paid too much for some pieces, even those purchased decades ago. But I didn't buy what I have because of the price; I am a student of history and a collector, and artifacts bring that dry and dusty history to life before my very eyes and in my two hands...I love it!

Br. James
            Well said James and I collect for the same reasons as you.

Comment

+1

Comment

To each his own. I have thousands of dollars invested in non AH pieces I can't sell. I'm not going to buy more pieces to satisfy my sense of "history". I need the money to buy other areas of TR. I'm not a museum or gatekeeper for my heirs.

Comment

Loud and clear, Brian!! There are probably as many reasons why people collect TR/NSDAP artifacts as there are the people themselves, and for each of those people, their reason is the right one! You and I may have studied and collected this era for different reasons, but I can only hope that you have gotten at least some of the enjoyment from these pieces of history as I have in my time.

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Hello, my friends,

Dos somebody, actually no where Formal Pattern and Informal Pattern woos joust?
                    I mean proved.
                    Because i can not find something Proved.
                    Im trying to find sens many Years somebody how was Really in the Different Places that he can Prove wot Really was in the RK, KH, ....
                    Do you guys no Something , or can help my.

Rgds
                    fredy

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      Loud and clear, Brian!! There are probably as many reasons why people collect TR/NSDAP artifacts as there are the people themselves, and for each of those people, their reason is the right one! You and I may have studied and collected this era for different reasons, but I can only hope that you have gotten at least some of the enjoyment from these pieces of history as I have in my time.

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James
                      Maybe the new Yannes book on TR flatware will reawaken interest in other areas besides AH.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                        Well we know that many of the formal pieces were found at the Berghof and we know that he entertained guests there as well as in Berlin. IMO, the informal pattern was probably used at the Brown House and at his Munich apartment. With that being said, formal pattern pieces were also found at the BH as well, so who knows?
                        Thanks to the group for sale recently by Bill Shea, we now know that both formal and informal pieces were used at his Munich apartment.

Comment

AH Silverware

Bill Shea just listed a couple of pieces of the formal pattern and one piece of the informal pattern.

Best regards,
                          Bill

Comment

Anyone got any new stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by William A. Bell View Post
                              Bill Shea just listed a couple of pieces of the formal pattern and one piece of the informal pattern.

Best regards,
                              Bill
                              Good prices on the silverware but very high on the serving platter IMO.

Comment

I agree, Erich...from what Bill is asking, the Informal Pattern appears to be quickly gaining against the Formal -- and that makes ME happy! And I also agree that such provenance that both the Formal and Informal Patterns were found together at the Prinzregentenstrasse Apartment is another big plus here.

But I must say that I've never before heard of a 'Deimtasse Fork!'

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X