This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realone View Post
    Hope Im not Hi Jacking here,,but did want to show my napkin and holder too,,

Greg
    Really nice and unusual pieces of AH silver gents.

Greg,
    I gotta say that I have never been a fan of napkin rings and as far as I know,none have ever been listed on any officicial inventory lists. With that being said, your example is the first that I have seen that I actually like and it may have possibilities.

Comment

Another A H Item to show, casserole dish and a napkin, in the center of napkin it says BERCHTESGADER HOF with a swaz in the center,,hard to show in photo, but its there,,

Greg
      Hi Greg ,

You have here a very nice piece what does the pot weigh ?
      I find it not polished more nicely. Then the piece simply has more character.

mfg
      fredy

Comment

Hi Erich,, yes its different than the other napkin rings that are out there, I have one of the other style that Tom Johnson shows in his war booty books, The ring came from the late Don Frailey collection along with the napkin too if I remember right. sure wish it could talk, then we would know for sure lol.

Hi Fredy,, yeah I like the look as well its nice to see all the patina. dont know the weight sorry
        Thanks guys

Best
        Greg

Comment

Hi Erich,, yes its different than the other napkin rings that are out there, I have one of the other style that Tom Johnson shows in his war booty books, The ring came from the late Don Frailey collection along with the napkin too if I remember right. sure wish it could talk, then we would know for sure lol.

Hi Fredy,, yeah I like the look as well its nice to see all the patina. dont know the weight sorry
          Thanks guys

Best
          Greg
          Greg,

If I remember the napkin rings in Johnson's book belonged to Charlie Snyder who I think also first brought them to market, enough said. Yours I like.

Erich

Comment

I can't make out the hallmarks on the wine stopper, the candy bowl lid or the napkin holder; better photos would be much appreciated. I've never seen any other examples of these pieces before. Thanks, friends,

Br. James

Comment

Yeah Erich,,your right,,I just looked back in Tom Johnson war booty book and its credit to him.

Greg

Comment

Let's hope Snyder doesn't have an in house silversmith in his employ.

Comment

I can't make out the hallmarks on the wine stopper, the candy bowl lid or the napkin holder; better photos would be much appreciated. I've never seen any other examples of these pieces before. Thanks, friends,

Br. James

Photos, Ed.
                  Attached Files
                  Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                  The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Heres mine too.

Greg
                    Attached Files

Comment

Other items
                      Attached Files
                      Ed. Anderson,Jr.
                      The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Comment

Last but not least, marked "Wellner"
                        Attached Files
                        Ed. Anderson,Jr.

Comment

Heres my Napkin holder,,Bruckmann marked and 935 , this in the one in Johnson book,,but with Synders credit to owning them YIKES, but they still look cool

Greg
                          Attached Files

Comment

pic#2
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh its 925 not 935,,hit wrong key,,need glasses

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.Anderson,Jr. View Post
                                Other items
                                I calculate $12,000 - $15,000 retail in this pic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X