• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oval tray and coaster
    Attached Files

Comment

Paul,

You hit the jack pot with that Vet pick up! Interesting that the Porsche family picked up some of the silver but then again the family had a close relationship with Hitler.

Comment

Great collection, Paul!! I assume the flatware pieces are from Bruckmann; are the ancillary pieces all marked Wellner?

Many thanks for sharing these with us,

Br. James

Comment

Yes, the flatware is Bruckmann and the holloware is Wellner. The marks shown here are the serving fork (800 etc) and the bread tray (Wellner 18).
          Attached Files

Comment

Gravy Boat base and marking
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Great collection, Paul!! I assume the flatware pieces are from Bruckmann; are the ancillary pieces all marked Wellner?

Many thanks for sharing these with us,

Br. James
              All marked as they should be!

Comment

I agree, Erich; thanks for the follow-up, Paul. Classic pieces all!

Br. James

Comment

Anyone else with AH silver treasues to share?

Comment

Do you like my new tablecloth?

[Seriously...I wonder where this is now].
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would think that "over the top" would be one way of describing the design!!

Br. James

Comment

Yes, they weren't renowned for quiet understatement were they.

Comment

All I want to know is - why is AH silverware going wild now, while Goring silverware is dead. I've been trying to sell my Goring flatware for about 2 years now with no interest.

Comment

I.m.o...........

It is rumored as Number two in the TR ,Goering had amassed one of the largest collections of personalized silver of anyone in the TR. I believe the reason is because so much of his personal services etc ,were not destroyed, or possibly the market isn't just that into it right now with the economy as it is presently leaving a mushy market for some items, and other like the AH silver RED hot. Germania has a good site with many pieces shown and info, but here is one of the pages you can start at, but the silver is shown starting on page 7 I think. This page has a great close up of the hat Leroy owns. (this is for you too leroy)http://www.germaniainternational.com/goring2.html

I wouldn't get too discouraged , everything eventually sells, just raise the price is my first suggestion. (add1/2 of the retail price on top of the one currently you are already asking for) After two years prices need adjusted UP^ anyway now.

Comment

I have AH silverware also - just waiting for the market to peak before I would consider selling. These markets - in my experience - may be just slightly irrational.

Comment

Hi Brian,

I'm curious: how will you know when the market has peaked? Seems to me that one only knows that after the fact, and by then its too late to capitalize on it.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X