Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet GMA has reasonably low prices on TK rings....

Comment

Here's a 33x42.5cm serving tray. Eagle and monogram are located at the bottom. The tray would have been placed vertically.
      Attached Files

Comment

Wellner 58 Marking
        Attached Files

Comment

I still have this piece. Used to have 15-20 bits, bought them when they were about 450 and sold at 700 ish, wish I held on to them but the money was spent on other stuff
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey Jon,

Looks like you should open a new wing of your GPB Hospital, this one dedicated to decapitated silverware!!

In reality, I'm always sad to see such things...

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
              I still have this piece. Used to have 15-20 bits, bought them when they were about 450 and sold at 700 ish, wish I held on to them but the money was spent on other stuff
              I think you will do better in the long run with Blood Orders.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have just started collecting AH flatware/silverware so I thought I would say hi to all the fellow collectors! As of now I have one piece in my collection and another on it's way from Brent!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ridergta View Post
                  Hello everyone,

I have just started collecting AH flatware/silverware so I thought I would say hi to all the fellow collectors! As of now I have one piece in my collection and another on it's way from Brent!
                  Hi, and welcome. It sounds like you've discovered the number one mantra already.

"One piece is never enough."

Please show us some photos when time allows.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

AH Gravy Boat with Detached AH Tray

Here is another show & tell item
                    Attached Files

Comment

Chris,

Thanks! My goal is to collect one of every pattern that has been discovered, I will get pictures up soon.

Originally posted by CPB View Post
                      Hi, and welcome. It sounds like you've discovered the number one mantra already.

"One piece is never enough."

Please show us some photos when time allows.

Cheers

Chris

Comment

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the club!

I only just wanted one representative piece as well and now I'm up to 8 pieces!

Comment

Welcome here with us, Knight! When I bought my first piece of AH flatware -- it happened to be a dessert fork in the Informal Pattern -- I did so because it was the first such piece I had come across that I could actually afford...in other words, IT WAS CHEAP, relatively speaking! Once I had it in my hands, I became quite attracted to the design in it's smooth, sleek simplicity...and when another piece of the Informal Pattern came available several months later, I grabbed it! Over the ensuing 15+ years I have amassed a complete place setting in the Informal Pattern and I am still as attracted to this design as I was so long ago. Even though the prices of the Informal Pattern are now almost as high as the Formal Pattern -- and there are two-thirds fewer pieces of the Informal Pattern than the State Service!

I must also comment that, since we are yet to find a complete inventory of either the Formal or the Informal Pattern service, or even the original order form, no one really knows how many pieces were actually made by P. Bruchmann & Sons -- especially since pieces were ordered over time to replace lost (stolen) pieces -- and we also don't know how many different implement styles were provided -- how many dinner knives, luncheon knives, dinner forks, salad forks, dessert forks or any of the wide variety of other implements that could possibly have been created for this service.

Br. James

Comment

Chris,

Thanks! My goal is to collect one of every pattern that has been discovered, I will get pictures up soon.
                            Be sure to check in with the forum here before you spend your hard earned $. And avoid places like Charlie Snyder. He has a MASSIVE selection of AH silver, a lot of which are fake.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by CPB View Post
                              Be sure to check in with the forum here before you spend your hard earned $. And avoid places like Charlie Snyder. He has a MASSIVE selection of AH silver, a lot of which are fake.

Chris
                              Good advice. Stick to dealers like Brent Smith and Tom Wittmann. You may pay more but you'll get the real thing.

Comment

Yeah, Brent is a great guy to deal with - and Tom W or Bill at Ruptured Duck also.

This standalone thread on silverware is another good reason this area of collecting needs its own dedicated discussion section on this forum, and on the estand.

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X