SA Brownshirts for viewing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Brownshirts for viewing..

Ok, This is the first time i have posted these on here for viewing, I have been told the the SA Marine Sturmführer ranked Brownshirt is really rare.

The other one is an SA Gruppe Hochland Sturmführer ranked Brownshirt, This one came just the way it is, complete with everything, everything on it from the DER STAHLHELM sleeve diamond, to the SA sportsbadge, to the collar tabs, and single shoulder board, the tie, and the party badge, and the Aiguillette also, everything about this set if beautiful. THe only thing missing is the armband, and the shoulder strap.

The cap is reproduction, but it looks better with it on, and then not have one on it.

The SA Brownshirt hanging behind it is in mint condition, unissued, Or has never been worn, so it seems, and the fact that it is the rank of an SA Standartenführer, Colonel ranking.

Thank you...
    Attached Files

More pics.
    Attached Files

Comment

And more pics for viewing.
      Attached Files

Comment

On the Allgemeine SS tunic, I know the Belt is missing the buckle, but I'm waiting for it to show up, as well the cross straps, and the armbands for all of the SA Brownshirts also.

Thanks

Comment

Gruppenstab

Lovely and very yummy Red and White Piping!! Always a favorite. The Staff shirt and ALL SA brownshirts are only supposed to have one shoulderboard. According to SA regulations, the Commanding Officer of a Staff Gruppe or Standarte wore "metal" letters on the collar tab - others wore chain stitched Latin style letters during this period. Also, I can't tell from the photos, but a Staff aiguillette should be Matte Silver and Red. If the aiguilette is White and Red, it would belong to Gruppes Thuringen or Hilfswerk Nordwest. Having said that, I'm not sure how closely these regulations were adhered to.

Comment

I have problems with these brownshirts.The SS one you said you put together correct,thats a given..but the metal insignia like the II on the marine unit tab and the Ho on the other shirt is a bad sign because its metal,sure it should have a Ho for Hochland staff but chainstitched.Recently there has been a seller unknowingly he says has been trying to sell the same type of shirts..and Im sure I recognise at least one in your batch possibly,or its the IDENTICAL twin.,and one even has the stahlhelm diamond with teh bad metal insig on the tab,and the EXACT type Black tabbed Standartenfuhrer Brownshirt I have a photo of it,did you get the 3 SA Brownshirts same dealer??!!He has openly asked for help on the forum so I can say his name is B Creatif anyway,if you got them after we mentioned they were questionable and you got a great deal,so be it.Hope I havent caused any problemshere,Im just stating facts already posted.
            Last edited by wewelsburg; 11-02-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Wewelsburg is right!

I've inspected those shirts on the seller's request. My conclusion than was that all shirt except two were stripped, and rebuild.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=457324

Take a look at post #7

a refund shouldn't be the problem??

Comment

Brownshirts

Hats off to WEWELSBURG for bringing up this subject of rare high-ranking SA brownshirts suddenly surfacing.... The STAFF brownshirt with the red collar tabs is more problematic to me than the Naval-SA shirt. I would like to see better pictures of the Naval-SA shoulderboard, but it looks original from the poor photo. Wewelsburg is correct about metal numerals and numbers being a red flag, but they WERE sometimes worn. I've seen an original Naval-SA tab before with metal Roman numerals indicating a Sturmbann. Let's see some clear closeups of the Naval-SA tabs and shoulderboard. As for the "Staff" shirt, as soon as I saw that shoulderboard, it reminded me of the gaggle of rare SA brownshirts we recently picked apart on this forum that had similar-looking jr. officer shoulderboards. The metal "Ho" on a collar tab IS regulation, and documented by photos, but was worn by the Commanding Officer of the Staff Gruppe. Would a Sturmfuhrer be a Gruppe CO?? No Long-Service sleeve stripes or chevron? The only thing that leads me to think the shirt COULD be original is the bi-color piping. If you were assembling a shirt, where would you get the piping? It would also be nice to see some nice clear shots of those red tabs, etc. The piping on both shirts DOES appear to be original from the photos. Clear closeups of EVERYTHING would be helpful. As stated before, the aiguilette (If it is WHITE and red, like the photo suggests, it's incorrect.)

Comment

SA Piping Quiz

Is this blue and white piping authentic or fake?
                  Attached Files

Comment

SA Piping

For comparison....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Shirt

Better photo...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, the SS one hanging in the background, that is an item i put together, that shirt was completely stripped, nothing on it, and was heavily stained, i restored it, and cleaned it up, and fixed all of the loose seams and such.

The SA Marine, and the HO shirts i did get those form the same person.

I have had other look at these in person, and they have said they are correct, here are some more pics asked for.

I'm very happy with them, they will look much better when the armbands show up, and applied to them.

Thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

more pics.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And more pics for viewing.
                            Attached Files

Comment

last pic..
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X