This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

candle holder

I clearly remember seeing the candle holder. I cannot remember what the verdict was. Good or bad. I vaguely remember, good.

Mike

Comment

SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Matthäus Klein View Post
        SOLD
        It would have sold faster if I had the money for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
          It would have sold faster if I had the money for it.
          i'm there with you

Comment

Assuming we all had that kind of money, what's your opinion on the price he was asking? Fair? Pretty subjective I think since I've not seen anything to compare it to.

I would have been curious to see what it would have fetched in a TR auction.

Comment

Good point and unpredictable by taking into account the uniqueness, quality and also size of the piece.

Maybe my candleholder on E-stand appears to Minnesinger like being made by a child - and I don´t take any offense because any of us is entitled to have and share their opinion, of course - but it is surely an old handmade piece and as long as the price reflects the quality of an offered piece in question then it´s ok in my book.

At least the fact that the Hayes piece sold quickly although comparatively highly priced and offered only here on E-stand shows the way such centerpieces of the cultural sector are heading to and the demand is strong and making bargains in this area/niche of collecting has become a rare opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                [...] but it is surely an old handmade piece and as long as the price reflects the quality of an offered piece in question then it´s ok in my book.
                What exactly tells you that it is an old handmade piece? After all, they are still being made today just like the wallhangings.

Comment

Each full moon a leprechaun - the ghost of Widukind I believe - jumps out of my Jul chest and sorts out the good from the bad stuff.

Comment

Each full moon a leprechaun - the ghost of Widukind I believe - jumps out of my Jul chest and sorts out the good from the bad stuff.
                    i believe i own a few of the "good stuff" from your Jul chest

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post
                      Assuming we all had that kind of money, what's your opinion on the price he was asking? Fair? Pretty subjective I think since I've not seen anything to compare it to.

really good question.. like on eBay, depends on bidders.. it could have gone higher depending on the collector.. i, personally, am not able to afford this piece, as lovely as it is. i prefer the candleholders that Steve has posted here on this forum, some of Andreas' and Thorsten's.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack83 View Post

Your question to me ,is in some ways already answered, as it was sold presumably for the price asked.
                        I think the few who pointed out they would have gotten it if they had the moolah are representative of more individuals who did not share these same thoughts.
                        To be sure, it is a piece that only appeals to a minority in the collecting community .

Comment

Good point and unpredictable by taking into account the uniqueness, quality and also size of the piece.

Maybe my candleholder on E-stand appears to Minnesinger like being made by a child - and I don´t take any offense because any of us is entitled to have and share their opinion, of course - but it is surely an old handmade piece and as long as the price reflects the quality of an offered piece in question then it´s ok in my book.

At least the fact that the Hayes piece sold quickly although comparatively highly priced and offered only here on E-stand shows the way such centerpieces of the cultural sector are heading to and the demand is strong and making bargains in this area/niche of collecting has become a rare opportunity.
                          There is nothing similar in any way between the Hayes piece and your piece.
                          One actually is probably quite authentic.

Comment

couple of candlholders i've come across
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the one I got in the mail a few days ago. Reverse has the year carved on it.

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
                                couple of candlholders i've come across
                                Neat, but what's up with the candles on the 2nd photo? Looks kind of artificial the way they melted and no wicks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 207 users online. 0 members and 207 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X