This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
    here is my original print of the book "Das nordische Jahr und seine Sinnbilder" from 1936. I did not find another original print at the web, only reprints.

Nice content about Germanic history and her symbols.

Comment

Does anyone recognize this wappen by heart? I've been staring at hundreds the last few days and you go blind after a while. http://bayimg.com/NamFbaado

Comment

Obviously a so-called Allianzwappen due to a wedding, that would explain the heart surrounding them - I have not seen them before.

Comment

Looks like a wedding candelabrum. As Thorsten says I would guess the motif is joining of the shields from the area's the couple come from, male on right lady on left. The piece comes from the Dithmarschen area so have a hunt around for shields of that area for starters.

Did you work out what the 'Aue' is on the bottom? Maker, town or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
            Looks like a wedding candelabrum. As Thorsten says I would guess the motif is joining of the shields from the area's the couple come from, male on right lady on left. The piece comes from the Dithmarschen area so have a hunt around for shields of that area for starters.

Did you work out what the 'Aue' is on the bottom? Maker, town or something else?
            That's where I started but nothing. If combined it could be several as both the löwe and ähren are common heraldic symbols.

Well, Aue is accually a towns name (there are several scattered around the country) and a surname but I think the jury is still out on the meaning of that.

Comment

Here you find
              Liste der auszusondernden Literatur in 4 Bände
              http://www.uwebergverlag.de/index.ph...ter-Reihe.html
              you can buy them for 50 euro. There are the complete list of all the books "forbitten" after the II WW.

Here the on line list:
              http://www.vho.org/censor/tA.html

Comment

any comments on this piece on e-stand?
                Attached Files

Comment

Good point, maestro - I am not sure regarding that one.

Comment

Since we are at it: here is another one with oak leafs.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I personally like the ''meine ehre heisst treue'' candle holder.I think it is a very well made piece with eye for detail.
                      I would have bought it.....but the price holds me back.

just my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
                        I personally like the ''meine ehre heisst treue'' candle holder.I think it is a very well made piece with eye for detail.

just my two cents
                        Good or bad it's impressive to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post

just my two cents
                          ditto

Comment

A MEHT candelholder almost identical - it might even be the same one - is pictured in the book SS uniforms, Insignia and Accts by Hayes (I believe that is the author)

Comment

That is exactly the same candle holder.he is selling more stuff out of that book.for example the allgemeine doll

Comment

I really like the MEHT candle holder. The one posted by Thorsten however looks like a child made it, no offense.

Speaking of candle holders, the one I just picked up is simply above and beyond great craftmanship. Pictures doesn't do it justice and the size of it just give it that extra thing. I can't take my eyes of it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X