Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with Michael on this one. Wooden plates are not fake proof. I have seen these at various militaria exibits and do not think for a minute that these are all genuine (especially the ones with the three horse heads forming a trifos). I have a fairly recently carved Irminsul myself and considering that in Bavaria-Austria wood carvings are still quite popular it does not take much to replicate some runes on wooden plates (the latter are still made without a shadow of a doubt). As for woodcarving styles, sure these differ throughout the decades but anyone who wants to recreate the rustic and robust TR style should have no problems doing so. This also happened with some china pieces that were made old style after the war for some of the old comrades that came together for veteran meetings.

Comment

I think that the more embellished pieces with lots of runic or SS symbols raises a lot red flags for me. The more simple the piece the better chance that it was made during the TR period. Those overly embellished pieces, probably post war made for the unsuspecting collector IMO.

Comment

That´s exactly right!

It´s all a matter of development and personal experience.

The one with the three horse heads does exist as a period and original piece and I even know the maker of that one (there is one original on UlricofEngland´s website) - I thought that the one shown here is so obviously new/fake for everybody to see that there would be no need for any discussions whether it´s period or not.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
          Hier sparst Du sicher (last two letters are missing) = Here you certainly save !

In the read band: Einer für Alle - Alle für Einen = One for all - all for one.

At the top: Genossenschaftskasse = Cooperative Fund

I am not getting too excited about the sign, think it's coming from a local farmer's cooperative.

Thanks for the translation!! I appreciate you taking the time to look a it..

Comment

I love this thread, many fine items and knowledge have been posted!

Comment

Here's a little Summer Solstice display that I posted earlier that belongs here as well.
              Attached Files

Comment

Not an SS piece but included to show that "modern" (ish) bread plates where in use during the 3rd Reich period.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is a photo of a house located near the Wewlsberg Castle, per Thorsten. He can add more details about this building.

Comment

I will have to resize and post it later.

Comment

one more try.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I will try and make it larger later due to the many runic symbols on the house.

Comment

I am not good regarding these technical details - maybe I can send the pic to someone that can help me out?

By the way: the building is the half timbered house standing in opposite to the SS village community house (Otten´s Hof) in Wewelsburg and belonged to the local carpenter Saake who did a whole lot of the wooden furniture and interieur in Wewelsburg castle - together with the SS-architect Walter Franzius.

The shown part with the runic/pagan decoration has been developed by Franzius as well and has been built in 1936 as Saake´s own sales and show room for his furniture and other wooden items made in the style of Deutsches Heimatwerk.

Comment

I enjoyed the photos of the buildings with runic decorations. Here is one I have seen in my travels, in North Germany.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
                              I enjoyed the photos of the buildings with runic decorations. Here is one I have seen in my travels, in North Germany.
                              Wow. I wonder how they have been able to avoid trouble with the swastika out in the open like that.

Comment

one more time.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 28 users online. 0 members and 28 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X