X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
    Hello Steve,
    first:thanks for your clarification.
    I meant it was not for sale to me or anyone at THIS time as of yesterday (as far as the owner informed me)
    But I did not know about the information you just told me. Actually I never look at Ebay, so I will always miss everything on it.
    For the '55 date, I know nothing about it, one way or another.

Still with certain SS gurus, I will need photo proof of everything always.
    Sorry my post is not that clear, I only meant you must have missed the link in the above post, not missed it on Ebay. Cheers, Steve

Comment

Here's a Post Card that has some cultural interest, published by Weitzel's SS-Oberabschnitt West. Quite scarce I would think, at least I've only managed to see 2 such cards in around 25 years.

Has anyone seen any other cards published by SS-Oberabschnitt West and also does anyone know of any other work by this artist 'Heyl'? Maybe he's not an artist even.
      Attached Files

Comment

Steve - that´s an amazing postcard!

And it´s content fits just exactly to the personal development and background of Weitzel himself!

Great piece!

Comment

A few cultural pieces together..
          Attached Files

Comment

Ss

Wonderful postcard and display as always Steve T!

Many nice items in that picture without a doubt!

Cheers,

hdmarley

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
              A few cultural pieces together..

Comment

When I started this thread, I didn't realize how many contributions would be added by members showing their own cultural pieces. Thanks everyone!

Comment

ebay seller descriptions are not necessarily expert opinions

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                  In the description hat chest is described by the seller as followed:

"Truhe Eiche massiv handarbeit von Schreinermeister aus Kaiserslautern von ca. 1955"

Translation: massive chest made of oak, handmade by master joiner from Kaiserslautern from about 1955"

As you can imagine I asked the seller - that piece had been offered already some time ago and nobody bought it - how he knows about the date of manufacture of the chest.
                  He told me that a sign attached to this chest bears the master joiner´s name and the year of manufacture.
                  Could be even made in 1954 or 1953 - maybe he cannot read the sign properly.

However: this piece is definitely from the Fifties - although showing beautiful motifs for sure.

But therefore is has nothing to do with TR and SS history and that´s the important point.

Is your friend a member here as well?
                  The new owner has pointed out that the original ebay seller had no idea when the chest was made, and simply guessed the date as being in the 50's and so stated the 50's date of construction simply as a guess. This is confirmed by the original seller as he admitted this.
                  Also--and importantly, there is no date carved along with the name of the carver(only the name is carved there).
                  This fact is confirmed: both by the original ebay seller who confirms as never claiming this (and confirms in written letter form)--and the new owner also confirms very happily.
                  Also, the new owner is comfortable in his own personal expertise that he has bought a Third Reich era chest, as he stated at the outset.

Comment

Then why doesn´t the new owner shares his opinion about the chest here personally himself?

Instead of that he uses you for doing that job.

WHY?

By that way: he "forgot" to mention that the original ebay seller had two chests which had a very similar outward appearance and the other one was combined with carved motifs that lead even more to the Fifties rather than this one.
                    I am quite sure that I saved pics of both pieces and will check that.

I saw these two chests already months ago on ebay but didn´t buy them because of the fact that to me the seller stated that they are definitely from the Fifties - but I am not a crook and so I did not buy them and did not try to sell or present such pieces here as being original TR or even SS pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                      The new owner has pointed out that the original ebay seller had no idea when the chest was made, and simply guessed the date as being in the 50's and so stated the 50's date of construction simply as a guess. This is confirmed by the original seller as he admitted this.
                      Also--and importantly, there is no date carved along with the name of the carver(only the name is carved there).
                      This fact is confirmed: both by the original ebay seller who confirms as never claiming this (and confirms in written letter form)--and the new owner also confirms very happily.
                      Also, the new owner is comfortable in his own personal expertise that he has bought a Third Reich era chest, as he stated at the outset.
                      I need to make a correction:
                      : the carvers name is not carved in the chest- there is a little tag inside with the name and the town in it.

Comment

- but I am not a crook and so I did not buy them and did not try to sell or present such pieces here as
                        Thorsten is channelling Richard Nixon.

Comment

WAF members come and go

Then why doesn´t the new owner shares his opinion about the chest here personally himself?

Instead of that he uses you for doing that job.

WHY?
                          Thorsten, you ask "why" as if there is a conspiracy. The answer is that he is not a member, yet.
                          Not every one in the world is a member of WAF, ---yet.
                          Just as it seems a certain individual may be soon cease to be a member of WAF

Comment

It seems everyone is involved in a conspiracy except one certain WAF member. If anyone knows how to recognize a conspiracy or a sham - he can.

This has become a ridiculous commentary - but very humorous nonetheless.

August 1st approaches......

Comment

I am quite sure that I saved pics of both pieces and will check that.
                              Be sure to NOT post them as usual. Just complain.

Comment

a different type of cultural objects

While these would not be found in most SS families Haus : one being only for the grieving family and the other apparently kept for official SS weddings,
                                but highly cultural none the less.
                                Cultural in the Anthropological sense, anyway.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X