• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

architechtural rune work

One last page from Runic expert study on architectural rune work
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm posting this nice silver brooch done in the Gahr style for Thorsten.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, Erich!

If desired I can fit up with some more detailed pics representing the size of the brooch and it´s makers mark - it´s made of 900 silver and is definitely a german handcrafted piece from the period.

Often enough Gahr and their small personal ressources were overstretched due to be covered with fulfilling official orders from the party and it´s sub-organizations.
        It is common sense that in such cases Gahr or the "Amt München" (Office Munich - the responsible office taking care about any artistic and cultic question and development under the command of Karl Diebitsch) outsourced errands to other manufacturers of high quality.

At least this is what the authors of the wellknown book about the Gahr firm, Arthur Mayer and Heinrich W. Schild, state as well on page 50 in their book due to surfacing examples of jewelry made not only in the style of Gahr but - which is the case with this shown brooch as well - appear to be a prime example which would give an explanation that it is not marked with the SS-mark like other Gahr pieces of jewelry.
        This piece has exactly the same size as shown in the Gahr book and could be a prime example for the projected SS-motherbrooch - or a developed example for a brooch regularly manufactured and offered by Gahr within their normal production range.

I cannot imagine any firm being so bold and incautious offering copies of official SS cult pieces in the period.

Comment

Kerzenleuchter picture for Thorsten
          Attached Files

Comment

A lovely brooch!

Can we se the back as well please?

regards,
            Gaston

Comment

Hello Gaston,

No problem - I will send the pics to Steve within minutes and he can upload them here.

Comment

By the way: the wrought iron candleholder posted for me by Steve is a typical family candleholder and I am sure that it is a product of Deutsches Heimatwerk.

I will explain it´s pagan design lateron here.

Comment

The wrought iron candleholder shown above is a typical cult piece of the period and representing with it´s three candles the family: the couple plus the child.

Another combination within that number is the symbol for the eternal circle of life:

Growing, living and dying - Werden, Sein, Vergehen.

Furthermore it´s pagan design is clearly visable: the middle representing the Irminsul combined with the appearance of a doubled spiral to the left and to the right side which symbolizes the circle of the year - winter- and summersolstice.

It is of highest quality and it is hard to find another example bearing these typical cultic design elements - all elaborated within one piece.

Comment

Guys,

let us not start to declare everything TR. The broach is obviously Gahr inspired but is not of the heavy quality silver that Gahr would produce. It is probably some sort of fairly recent reproduction as celtic, Lord of the rings stuff is quite popular in the alternative lifestyle scene. Witchcraft is hot - well at least a couple of years ago. These days you can get Thorhammers and Irminsuls as necklaces - also in Germany.

The candle holder is nice, but this stuff was also en vogue sometime after the war (seventies). My parents used to have one of these and I am pretty sure my mother has it still somewhere in the attack as it is no longer in style. And although everything can be given a voelkisch significance let us not go overboard. It is a fairly basic design for what it is: a iron worked candle holder.

Cheers, W

Comment

Willem,

Both items are surely cult pieces of the period - otherwise I would have never shared these pics.

Or do you think I am in need of the attempt of presenting fakes and try to sell them as originals through the backdoor?!

On the one hand collectors want to see pics of others pieces to be able to view enjoyable authentic pieces and on the other hand the one who does gets "elaborated" comments like yours.

I stay behind every piece I present.

Thank you very much for your opinion.

Comment

Check out this original voelkisch hair piece and next to it a real medieval candle holder.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hochzeitsteller for Thorsten
                          Attached Files

Comment

More broach images..
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X